Well, another Ludum Dare has ended! So it’s time to wrap things up a see how it went and share thoughts with all of you, ludum darers.
First of all this was my first time doing the Jam with a team and I have to say I had a lot more fun, even if we worked only few hours. The LD48 “compo” is awesome and maybe more rewarding (if you succeed) but in the end I think next time I will try again to form a team and participate in the Jam.
The team was formed by:
Jacopo – Design / Development
Umberto – Graphics
Marco(me) – Design / Audio
The game we created for the Jam is One More Bullet (Go.Play.Now.Read.Next).
In this game you take up the role of a bandit/cowboy during a duel vs another bandit/cowboy and, you have to shot your only one bullet by pressing the right keyboard button at the right time.
(Ready.. Shoot.. Die..)
We worked on this on Sunday.
Well.. we worked on this:
Yeah.. walls and a ball
Erm.. well, in the beginning only me and Jacopo were participating and, since we don’t have any graphic skills (like none at all) we were thinking on something that we could work on without depending on great graphics. So we were focused on a physics based puzzle game (that wasn’t even working gameplay-wise). Luckily Umberto spawned Saturday evening so we were able to change the project and start from scratch with a more solid concept.
What we ended up with is this:
You won’t last long Gary Maccarone…
So, to sum it up:
What went right
- Even if we worked only a few hours the game is pretty solid and polished
- We can extend it with not that much work
- Lots of fun
- Cowboy names are awesome (added them like in the last 5 minutes)
- Dat whistle…
What went wrong
- Started “real” work too late and with lots of dead moments
- Even if the game is solid and polished and we can extend it, there isn’t much room for improvements (it’s a minigame and it will never grow wings)
- No music :/
- Dat whistle…