About Waffenwars

Entries

 
Ludum Dare 23

Waffenwars's Trophies

Waffenwars's Archive

Play “Immunity”!

Posted by
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 5:18 pm

And that’s it. It’s been my first Ludum Dare, and I managed to finish my game. It’s been a lot of fun, I’m very tired and happy. You can check out my final submission here:

final screenshot

Play “Immunity”

I can’t help but think about all the things I would have liked to do with this, which means I may revisit the concept and try to do things like ramp up the difficulty level instead of having this learning curve that feels a little too steep right now. This is based on the couple of people I’ve sent it to, who skipped through the instructions and went straight to the game. This caused me to start my description with “Please read the instructions carefully! So please do :)

Block types

Posted by
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 5:44 am

switching between block types, occupying and freeing resources now works, kind of.
I coded it so fast I barely know how it works myself. So I will take a break
and go bug hunting to make sure the numbers even out. After that I will start implementing the functionality of each block type, add increasing difficulty, some simple goals, and all will be done. Sounds easy, but I doubt it will turn out that way.

blocks!

Finally got the destruction of cells working

Posted by
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 3:09 am

And while it’s not as glorious as I originally planned, it will have to do for now.

destruction!

yesterday and today I made two pieces of music, one turned out crap,
but running it through some filters and slowing it down made it kind of work.
So the music is done. Also did a fast intro screen. I’m moving on to implementing the resource system as well as win / loss conditions. Once that’s done i’ll start implementing the different block types.
Lots to do, and I’m starting to panic.

Update #03 Immune

Posted by
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 8:00 am

Here’s an update, creating “cell structures” is now possible, the first enemy prefab is set up, mulling about how to code it. The gameplay mechanics are still completely open ended in an attempt to motivate myself and not get stuck in long winded plans. I also did some “graphics”, basically three images and a couple of models, and a stress test, having around 1000 instanced objects on screen which led me to believe I will need to do some optimizing later on, probably by batch rendering geometry that’s not in use (as it’s the drawcalls dragging it down). This is even more fun than i’d hoped :)

immune creation working

Grid working

Posted by
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 4:42 am

Finished working on the grid system

 
grid working
 

Also I should probably make it clear that I’m using:

  • Unity
  • SFXR content generator
  • My own code library (where I dug up the scripts for this system and converted it to work in 3d)

More as I progress

Started work on Immune

Posted by
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 1:27 am

Testing, testing, This is my first Ludum Dare here, been a long time lurker :)

I just started on my game. I’m currently looking at an old pathfinding system, figuring out how to rewrite it from scratch to work in 3d and within unity. Just making that work will mean this has been a succesful Ludum Dare for me, although I have my idea down on paper and there are like 20 other points to go through on my todo list after that. I’m going to stop posting and start working now. I’ll be posting screenshots as i progress, I really look forward to seeing other peoples process once the compo is over. This is going to be a lot of fun!

[cache: storing page]