Ludum Dare 31
December 5th-8th, 2014

About tnelsond

Entries

 
Ludum Dare 22
 
Ludum Dare 21
 
Ludum Dare 15

tnelsond's Trophies

tnelsond's Archive

Progress so far

Posted by
Friday, August 24th, 2012 6:57 pm

Here’s my first screen shot:

Just kidding, that’s my entry Unmutate from Pyweek 13.

I haven’t made anything for this LD yet, but I might possibly make a sequel or remake of that game.

It just seems sorta silly that the theme for Pyweek 13 was Mutate and now the theme for LD is Evolution, but whatever.

 

Text Adventure Game Progress…

Posted by
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 5:10 pm

My hacked together javascript terminal

I still don’t have any game logic written, but hey, my terminal is nice. I really didn’t have time considering I worked from 8-4 today.

Also, since I’ve never successfully made a text adventure game before… I might fail miserably.

Text Adventure

Posted by
Friday, April 20th, 2012 10:27 pm

Since more people play web games, I should make a web game. But I have very little experience in web games, so it’ll be text adventure game…

Ancient Rover

Posted by
Monday, December 19th, 2011 7:28 pm

I finished my game in time for the jam. http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-22/?action=preview&uid=1044
If you thought that my last compo typing game was bad, this is a morse code game.
I’m an evil game designer… and loving it.

The only button that works is the spacebar.

Progress Update

Posted by
Sunday, December 18th, 2011 12:14 pm

Ok, so I’ve been busy this weekend, but I managed to get a little bit done.

I have a moon rover and it can be commanded with only the space bar (through dots and dashes a la morse code).

My collisions are still busted.

Morse Code

Posted by
Saturday, December 17th, 2011 4:13 pm

Here’s my idea for a game so far.
There’s this lonely earthling, so she sends a moon rover to the moon to look for life.
For maximum signal strength, the moon rover has one lonely button, so one must tap it in certain sequences to get the moon rover to move.

Going Retro

Posted by
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 10:38 am

As usuall, I’ll be hacking something together in ansi C with SDL.

Vim is the only tool I plan on using, and as such, my games will most likely have pixel art sown into the source.

 

I’m ready to start hacking. Perhaps my game will even be psuedo 3d with oblique projection.

Code switching game compo idea

Posted by
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 5:39 pm

Cosmologicon and I have been talking over at pyweek about code review and he thought that if other people looked at each other’s code during the compo they could help each other out.

So I had the idea that there should be a game compo where everyone starts making a game and then they switch code with someone else and start working on each other’s game. Every day or so they’d switch code with someone new, and at the end of 7 days everyone would have a frankenstein of a game. People would practice reading other people’s code and in turn writing readable code for others to read.

EDIT: Here’s a link to the pyweek discussion which has now become a code review event.

Slow.

Posted by
Monday, September 12th, 2011 9:13 pm

I’m kinda slow at developing games because I get tangled up in the collisions and stuff. By next compo I’m gonna make a game engine. :P

Guilty…

Posted by
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 1:06 pm

I feel guilty making such a hard torturous game. It wasn’t supposed to be this way, so maybe I’m slowly becoming an evil game designer. Mwahahahahaha. Forcing people to type at lightning speeds is downright cruel, I should’ve at least eased them into it better. Oh well, I better be less evil next time.

Musings on my entry.

Posted by
Monday, August 22nd, 2011 2:32 pm

For my entry the level was stored in RAM as an array of characters, and each character held 8 blocks, which means that each block only took 1-bit (on or off). So theoretically a level 1000 x 1000 would take 125 kilobytes, a 10,000 x 10,000 level would take 12.5 megabytes in RAM.

Ofcourse, saved as a text file that’s easy to edit in notepad, the same file would take over 8 times as much space.

Finished – sorta

Posted by
Sunday, August 21st, 2011 7:55 pm

It’s not quite as finished as I would have hoped, but it’s playable and interesting. I just didn’t have enough to make “cool” graphics.

I was so budgeted for time I finished it with 16 minutes to spare. :D

To play you have to type commands and then Esca (The purple rectangle) will execute them. The goal is to escape from illiteracy.

Perhaps I’ll make a post compo version later.

[cache: storing page]