Ludum Dare 30
Ludum Dare 29
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 20
Ludum Dare 19
Right... Arms... award
Awarded by Mikhail Rudoy
on May 7, 2011
I’ve got a ship in infinite space and a planet you can orbit and greet the locals on!
Try out the current build at http://thristhart.github.io/ld48-30/
(Use WASD/Arrow keys to fly around)
I’m in! You can see my basic framework (ie, pretty much nothing) here: http://tom.shea.at/ludum_dare/25/
I’ll be streaming here: http://www.justin.tv/thristhart
- Secure Shell for Chrome
- GIMP for graphics
- SFXR for sound
- GreaseMonkey’s Autotracker-bu for music if I decide I need it
- Keeyai’s Chronolapse for the timelapse
I’ve created the basic functions of the game! Each “Germ” that spawns follows the instruction set at the bottom endlessly until it dies. There’s some really glitchy collision and the germs are dumb as a rock, but it works! The timer at the top-right represents the time left in the “phase”. After the phase ends the germs move on to the next instruction.
Click to try it!
Tiny World! YES! This fits in great with something I’ve wanted to work with for a long time: bioengineering!
But I thought I’d take it a step further. You’re bioengineering.,. bioengineers! I’m going to make a base-building game in which you create instruction sets for little bacterium that build your base following your instructions. Hopefully I’m not going over scope with this!
I’m in, as they say.
- sfxr (if needed)
- Autotracker-C (if needed)
- Chronolapse for timelapse
- If I decide to do multiplayer – unlikely, but possible – then I will use node.js
and submitted it!
post-mortem forthcoming, after a couple days of getting comments from people (and trying other people’s games)
things I have done since submitting:
– read reddit
– played and tested other people’s games (guys you should go do this they are so grateful for it)
– wrote a bot to keep a log of submission counts every ten minutes, results here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5227720/LD22/entry_counts.txt
I’ve done all the levels that I feel are necessary for now. I’m going to spend day two on shine and polish!
After thinking about it a while, I decided to reverse the expectations a little. Your enemies are alone – and you are the monsters that haunt them.