From a comment on bashplore’s page:
“dertom says … Hehe,…a game in bash. That is really hardcore :D”.
YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS It is, but it adds a lot more fun!
What went right:
– bash it’s good, i like its feeling
– bash can do stuff for you
– save/load it’s super-easy
– bash teach you tricks, a lot of tricks! :p
– bash is great for roguelike
– bash give you sound for free!!! [got no time to add some, sorry]
What went wrong:
– bash rendering it’s slow
– bash doesn’t have data structure
– bash syntax it’s a pain
– bash it’s a iper-pain for non-roguelike game
– I was not so good at bash to write a game
– if you want to use bash for a roguelike game, that’s fine but you have to prepare some good utility function BEFORE the 48H.
– if you want to make games other than roguelike, then DON’T USE BASH, NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT BASH!!!!
– if you want to have a great fun makeing a game, just use the strangest programming/scripting language, that’s worth the effort.
– never forget to add graphics using color in the terminal 8)
What next time?
I’ve already some very very sick yet fun idea in mind and i’m already coding something. Keep an eye on samel’s perversion 8) 8) 8)
c-ya next time!