I’ve just put up a new version of my copy-and-kill top down shoot-em-up Scanno Domini. It’s a game where you encounter randomly generated enemy robots, scan them to unlock their parts, then kill them and take all their guns, shields and engines for yourself. Play it here. If you’re a judge, rate it here.
The feedback has been amazing so far – this is the first game I’ve ever finished, so it’s been a genuine surprise to hear of people enjoying it. Whether you’re judging or not, I’d love to know what you thought of it if you tried it out – leave me a comment here or at my blog (doesn’t require registration).
This version fixes a few significant bugs I didn’t have time to test during the compo – the competition version will stay as it is, of course, I’m just putting this up for anyone who wants to have fun with it. The key changes are:
- Choice of resolutions – anything up to 1920×1200. The game will remember your choice and not ask you again.
- Fixed a crash relating to being able to fire while dead. Duhhh.
- Fixed a bug preventing enemies from sensing when you shoot or touch them – they now turn to try and find you.
- Fixed a lot of erratic behaviour with the scanner – it’ll now scan all the new tech the bot has in one go.
- Fixed a problem with bot behaviour that made The Ominous Event extremely hard to recover from – they’ll wander off on their own once you’re down now.
- Fixed a bug causing some bots to spawn ‘blind’, with no vision cone. It was kind of cute, but causing problems down the line.