1. There are only two days left to vote. So how about we start voting like in the first 2 days, with endless enthusiasm. Everyone has to learn something from this LD, so while you’re voting you’d better comment as well – it really helps.
2. I hate the fact that this LD starts exactly when my examination period starts and the same happens with the winter LD
3. The miniLD #34 rule is AWSOME!!! Restrictions like these really trigger innovation. I can only hope to see themes/rules like these for main LD events.
4. I’m really happy to see that more and more people are using Java + LWJGL or other real programming languages or Unity instead of resorting to game makers. I know not everyone is a programmer and I know of the technical burden one has to face when using general purpose tools for creating something as specific as games, BUT no game making software will grant you the same freedom of expression you could get from something as C++ + OpenGl or equivalents. AND PROGRAMMING IS GOOD FOR YOU.
5. I’ve stumbled upon the tiniest game ever! Give it a go, and really try to find WHERE the game is. If you find it you’ll agree that it’s REALLY unexpected and original. It took me a 5 minutes to sweep the screen in search of the game but twas fun! PLAY –> http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=7465 It’s called “It’s a tab”
6. I’ve also prepared a list of not so shiny games that have huge potential. I would play an enhanced version of all of them with great pleasure.
+ POGO PLANET http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=935
Just look at it – it’s a simple arcade-ish game with style and it’s rather unique. There’s nothing much going on – you’re jumping around, avoiding stuff and drooling on the great geometric-abstract graphics – but all the good ideas are there. It just needs more drive, levels, waves of enemies, or anything to add some sort of structure to its continuous, monotonous gameplay. Oh, and by the way, the color-state-changing mechanics can also be found in another great indie game, MONO –> http://www.binaryzoo.com/games/mono/index.htm
+ QUANTUM ENTAGLEMENT http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=11319
It’s a really nice puzzle game, and I would really enjoy playing some more. You don’t get to see too many puzzle games at LD events mainly because it’s hard to come up with a nice puzzle game and once you do that you realize it’s hard as hell to make nice levels for it. So I really applaud Quantum Entanglement and hope to see more of it in the future.
+ MUNIVERSE http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=12236
This game has solar systems, planets, suns, stars, ships, nice star backgrounds, space stations, missions, cargo stuff… It’s a really nice start for a really complex space faring simulator. It’s true, some things are missing, but I have a feeling the creator will add everything to make this game worth paying for one day. Disclaimer: no screenshot does this game any justice…
7. By the way, I’ve found another gem 😀 (of course it’s my game) –> it’s called Space Bear! http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=5035