Kinoko here! This is Team Target Practice’s 3rd LD.
To be honest, “You Are The Villain” was our least favorite prompt. We downvoted the hell out of it. But for Jade and I, Ludum Dare is a great way to set personal goals and see them fulfilled, so we’re in regardless. And after a bit of head-scratching, came up with an idea we really liked.
Our personal goals this time:
1) Less obsession about content and presentation, more focus on playtesting and balancing.
2) Less focus on narrative, more focus on creating a solid game dynamic.
3) Jade will be putting aside his personal engine for now and working in Unity.
4) I want to learn to be a better art monkey. This time, I’ll be leaving the design to Jade and will focus on churning out 3D models and UI.
5) I also want to focus less on music and more on sound effects.
Where this game is already different from our past two:
1) it will be a fan game of sorts
2) we get to blow stuff up
Let the jam begin!