Ludum Dare 30
Ludum Dare 29
Ludum Dare 27
Ludum Dare 25
October Challenge 2012
Ludum Dare 24
It’s all in the title.
– my almighty TrueColorCP437 asset for super ASCII art
– GameBoy Color + Nanoloop for music if I have the time.
Good luck to everybody
You can play it here !!!
After the End of the World as Lloyd Blankfein wanted it, the Earth population is 99.99% zombies and 0.01% MARTIAL ARTISTS. Oh.
You are out on a journey to find your HOT JAPANESE MARTIAL ARTIST GIRLFRIEND.
Well done to all participants, I can’t wait to play your entries !
I am too tired a way behind schedule. The game works but there is no sound, no intro, etc… I’ll finish tomorrow end enter the as a Jam entry.
Hi to all !
It’s all in the title. My game will be a rythm / fighting game. Title : Under the Skin of a Martial Artist!!!
Tools : Unity, my very own TrueColor CP437 framework and probably SFXR for sound.
Yesterday I wrote a post saying I was giving up. But I woke up this morning with renewed motivation and worked hard to finish something. I’ll admit it is not much, just a simple racer but it is better than failing to submit something a second time in a row.
Well, here it is : Forever 10s
Congratulations to all participants !
I give up. There is no way I can finish within the time that is left. I guess I was both too ambitious and not competent enough. I wanted too do a post-apocalyptic racer in which minigames would pop-up every 10 seconds but I could barely manage a playable racer even though I had plenty of time this week-end. I’m especially disappointed since this is my second LudumDare in a row for which I couldn’t deliver.
Enough with self pity. Here is a screen shot and short demos of the racer.
Godd news : from tomorrow I’ll be enjoying trying out other contestants games !
I really like the theme but I’m completely out of ideas. I always wanted to do a racing game so I decided to make a basic skeleton and find a 10s twist during the night. But I’m late, as usual.
Here is a screen shot of what I have so far :
Good luck to everyone
I’m in. I think it is the third time I’m participating, but I’ve done some MiniLDs too.
Tools : Unity3D, a tiny bit of Photoshop, some free sound tools like S/BFXR
and Autotracker and code from my previous entries.
Expect some ASCII art / super retro retro art.
Good luck to everyone.
- Advanced and
- Test ( or trauma )
That’s what I planed to call it but family matters decided otherwise. Compo is over for me, I’ll never have the time to finish. Seriously, someone should come up with a “occupation-for-wife-or-girlfriend-during-ludum-dare”-dare.
Anyways, my game was to be a bullet hell style shooter without a shooting button mixed with a block puzzle. Basically, bullets have color. When you’re hit, you accumulate charge. If the next hit is from a bullet of a different color, you fire and start charging the new color and so on. The goal is to accumulate as much as possible charge of one color to destroy incoming blocks. Not very clear, isn’t it… Here is a screen shot. You can also try the latest builds here : Mac / Win / Linux
Good luck to those still fighting through the final stretch and congratulations to all who already posted their contributions ! Can’t wait to give them a try !
It’s a busy week-end and I hate the theme ( but of course ! ) but I’m in !!!
I have an idea but I’m not so sure it fits the theme. Yet my always lo-fi ASCII art graphics might put me back on tracks.
Good luck to everyone ! Can’t wait to try your games !
Phew, about 1 hour left !!!
The game takes place in the past.
You want to be evil and the Evil Master of the Evil Clan
looks at you but at the same time he looks at the beautiful
waves behind you and deeply smells the salty scent of
the infinite sea. After a long pause he says :
“Dude, TRULY EVIL PEOPLE need a tall EVIL TOWER.”
Find the entry here. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
I’m in for my second real Ludum Dare. I’m very very excited !
I’ll be using :
- the ASCII Rendering Framework I developed for Unity called TrueColorCP437. Available here.
- some Manic Shooter code I made for MiniLD#36, source available here
Well, good luck to everybody ! See you all tomorrow !
Hi to everybody. Here is my post mortem for The Princess Digs Zombies, the game I made for the October Challenge 2012.
First, the result : I failed… I finished and submitted the game on Kongregate about 10 days before the end of the challenge but didn’t manage to make a dollar. On November 1, I was at $0.51 in revenue.
What went wrong :
– I completely underestimated ( again ) the time I needed to finish the game.
– I was so worried of not having enough time to make money on Kongregate that I published too early and didn’t play test the game enough. I missed a huge design flaw that was of course immediately spotted by players. From that moment the game never got better review than 2 stars ( and rightly so ) and could therefore never attract enough people.
– design flaw : I was so obsessed about how I wanted the game to be played that I could never imagine that their would be other ways to play it. There was : just push up and you can beat the game in no time, not even looking at the screen. So the problem was not only that I didn’t take enough time to play test the game, but I should also have had it tested by others
What went well :
– I had fun !
– I finished something in time and submitted it !
– I made not only 1 but 2 products ! There is the game of course but I am now also selling the ASCII console tool I developed for it on the Unity Asset Store. Look for TrueColor CP437 in the Asset Store if you are interested in it. Or checke the web page.
Well, if you went that far, thank you for reading. Congrats to everybody who participated. See you for the next miniLD !
The Princess Digs Zombies
It is the near future of our distant past – the galaxy is irrelevant. President Ronnie is happy in his castle colored in white.
After years of good service he has decided to marry you, the Prince of Navy Seals, to his beautiful daughter. But on the night before your wedding the princess escapes, leaving only a note :
“The Zombie Lord is cooler than you, nicer than you and smells better than you. So long, bro-dude or dude-bro.”
Incidentally, the next morning, the road to Hell is overrun by zombies.
Time to fight !