It’s been 4 years since the last pick ‘n’ mix miniLD, so I think it’s about time for a sequel!
This time I have prepared a list of goals, challenges, and themes. Pick whatever you like from the lists and make a game!
Make a game that makes the player;
- Go ‘Awwwww ^__^’
- Go ‘Awwwww :(‘
- Want to rage quit
Push yourself this jam;
- Use only 4 colours (no more, no less!)
- Make a game that uses all/most keyboard keys
- Make a game that uses just 2 keyboard keys
- Make a game with only one mechanic
- Make a game with as many mechanics as you can
- Swap 2D/3D – If you normally work with 3D, try 2D (or vice versa)
- Swap solo/team – If you normally work solo, try collaborating (or vice versa)
Want some themes? pick;
- Back to the Future (welcome to 2015!)
- Film Noir
- ZANY TO THE MAX
- B-movie: the game
Pick whatever you want from the list (one thing, lots of things, nothing – Just do what you want to do really)
- I don’t care. Do what you want. So long as you’re trying to be a decent person you and me are cool.
- Weekend of 31st January/1st February
- but you can start whenever you want
- Submissions will close on Monday 9th, aim for Sunday to be safe!
If you have any questions, ask below – but the answer is probably going to be “Yes you can do that if you want”