Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 20
About Blodyavenger (twitter: @emberheartgames)
Many people liked my game but sadly I didn’t have time to balance stuff to a challenging gameplay ( too easy and no proper victory condition) and add some stuff to make everything easier to understand. If you played my game already, you can download Post-LD version now from the game’s page. If you haven’t tried it yet then I invite you to do so but please download original version for the sake of fairness.
- Dungeons can accept X amount of heroes at once
- If there are any creatures in your dungeons the flag is placed as a notification
- Prices and gold drops are more balanced
- Creature and Hero stats are more balanced
- Stone Golem has lowered attack power and is locked for first 2/3 of the agme
- Dungeon window moved to the right
- Game ends when all heroes are dead including boss that spawns at the end
- Parties spawned are leveled up properly now
[ Try Dungeon Warden: Rise of the Goatman ]
Play a role of the young Warden (Goatman) who must drive all the hope out of the kingdom by building dungeons with dangerous creatures. Make a dungeon complex that no hero can survive.
<Try the game (and rate it please)>
<————- Features ————>
– 5 different dungoes to build –
– populate dungeons with various creatures –
– watch heroes trying to reach your main dungeon and kill you –
– 3 tiers of wizard and knights (heroes) –
– pixelated graphics –
– 8 bit sound effects-
Ok, 10 hours and 30 minutes left. That’s not much…it’s near the end! I have plenty of stuff to do to make game more fun and interesting but we’ll see how far can I get.
For now, some updates:
- Final map where AI works more or less fine (still need one small fix on that)
- Some balancing
- You can see how damaged are your creatures in the dungeon (less HP –> more red color on the icon)
- Villain’s (Player’s) dungeon Added! When Villain’s dungeon gets attacked, main health bar starts to lower. Once it reaches zero healthpoints you loose.
- Started to work on tooltips
- Villain’s avatar drawn -> It’s a goat in armor (or is that a goatman?)
What I have to do next:
- Add another creature
- Make heroes unique (mages less HP but more AP and vice versa for knights)
- Some morale system(percentages!). When you defeat enemy you get higher morale for x% which means you’ll hit enemy more easily and the same works for enemy.
- Maybe I’ll add some SFX this round
I’m still streaming on Twitch.tv (chiptune music included)
I overslept for one hour, again…but I have more power now. Here it is, the last day of LD where everything has to be done. I already imagine crazy times I’ll have making music (I never did a single piece of music…). I have many things yet left to do so let’s get started.
Live streaming channel is back on! You’re most welcome to join it – if not for watching at least for some cool music.
Good luck on your last day everyone
Here is the “end of the day”. I’m up for almost 23 hours now and in that time I only took pauses for coffee, cigarettes and food – yeah, I was very productive! That’s why I love Ludum Dare, it shows you what are you capable of. So let’s go to the report. First of all, I have this screenshot for you.
Let me explain a bit – items next to the dungeons are gold bags that are dropped by heroes when they die. Smoke comming out of the cave means that hero is fighting in there. Dungeon window tells you what creatures you have in there and how much HP dungeon have. Red dots are for AI (waypoints which will be hidden laters). That’s about it.
And finally, INFO CARD – it quickly explains about the game.
I’ll continue with my work after few hours of sleep. This will be my last push, I hope the game will be finished, playable and fun.
Ok, another update! I’ve done lots of things so far, really. I can’t believe how well this is going for me despite huge idea. Let’s hope progress pace will stay like that until the end.
- Fighting system implemented
- Heroes can die in dungeons and heroes can kill creatures and destroy dungeons (look at the bottom left part of picture)
- Dungeon is shaking and particles of smoke are flying around when fight is happening
- Added new enemy & dungeon ( spider / temple)
This is it for now. That fighting system was quite nasty but it’s working very well. Now I shall balance stuff a bit and fix the AI (they can start walking in a triangle). Oh and I should start working on economy part – using gold to buy stuff and gathering gold that enemy drops.
What I’ve done so far:
- Draw dungeons & wolf
- You can place dungeons
- Dungeon window (slots for creatures and health bar of dungeon)
- Creatures added to the GUI
- Placing creatures to the dungeons
- Heroes entering the dungeons and fighting trough
- Fixing AI in general
You can see “Knight” type of heroes on the map (low level and higher level)
I’m still streaming and you are all most welcome! If not for watching at least for some cool chiptune music
I’m in this for more than 5 hours and here is the progress:
- AI heroes walking down the road between AI points (red dots)
– Some basic tiles drawn including GUI
That’s it so far. I’m going to place dungeons now where heroes will go trying to clean them up but as a villain, you shouldn’t let that happen! Don’t forget I’m streaming everything from the start at http://www.twitch.tv/blodyavenger.
(click for full resolution)
Timer says 5 hours and 34 minutes! Everything is ready except my brains – I need some rest before the start so I can prepare my head for early brainstorming. So this is it! I’ve made some shopping today as you can see – milk, coffee, tea, pudding, pizza, spagheti, tuna, junk food and much more. Now, off to bed for when I wake up, it’s time for hardcore developing!
I’ll be also streaming all 48 hours (don’t count sleeping) on twitch.tv @ http://www.twitch.tv/blodyavenger.
Good luck everyone!
Last time my framework wasn’t really prepared for the competition and I had to mess around with things I should not. Good thing is, that I’ve joined TIGSource Advent Calendar this year and I’ve used this chance to check the framework.
Quick preview to the TIGSource Advent Calendar game (click for full resolution)