Here’s some things I’d like to achieve (if I get time!!) before the next LD.
- finish off some tracks i have gathering dust that aren’t quite finished.
- integrate a mod player library like this: https://github.com/shadoq/OZMod-libGdx into my framework (https://github.com/berkano/katsu)
- create some kind of in-game player to announce name of track and give the option to skip to next/previous
game framework (katsu)
- upgrade the version of libgdx being used
- think about / add features that aid rapid development and testing
- go through the build + publishing steps to see if it all still works!
- try out java annotations to link game entities to entities in the Tiled map rather than managing a separate mapping of class names -> tile map entity names. For example the Sheep class would be annotated with @Tiled(“sheep”).
publish an actual game
- update/port one of my old Ludum Dare entries to use latest framework and fresh music from above
- I would really like to update my entry for LD28, singleton. I’ve changed so much in the framework that it is already looking like a nightmare to port, so maybe I’ll just re-use the assets and make something simpler. I have started reverse-engineering a spec for the game, so I can reimplement part or all of it (google doc link)
I will track progress on Github at https://github.com/berkano/katsu/issues.
Good luck to everybody else taking part in this Mini LD & most importantly have fun!