Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 20
Ludum Dare 18
Ludum Dare 15
Ludum Dare Donor
Awarded by PoV
on May 7, 2009
This time we were not able to finish the game, but we do learn some important lessons :
1. make agreements with the team, believe on me : personal events during the ludum dare can ruin your tighty schedule, so before start make sure everybody involved is in the same pace, and with the calendar free.
2. practice the basics of the technology some days before, even knowing Unity3D, as it’s not my daily basis tool some basic activities took more than expected.
3. react fast, as we had some changes in the people involved in the project, instead of creating useless code while waiting for the artist, I should change the game plan and go with something that could be done with my own artistic resources.
4. share results on facebook is not that hard check on this https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/games/getting-started/
5. define as a team what will be the folder names for the game assets in unity, so when the export package all over the place madness start, you don’t loose precious time reorganizing files, materials all over the project.
6. don’t make reusable code for ludumdare make straight forward code, and then after the ludum dare, find some time to refactor and reuse wherever you like.
We have some cool images on the main menu, and some initial 3D models …
here are the summary of the new features :
– hit from enemies
– new level images on main menu
– respawn of the character after life goes zero
– facebook sharing
– sound effects
– enemies run after character
– textures on the models
– more decoration in the levels
tip on unity web player over HTTPS
When using the unity player on a HTTPS the browser wasn’t able to load the necessary script to make it work, to solve this I just copied the unity script to same folder of the web project, so the script is load under HTTPS and no warning or security issues happens, this took me some hours to figure out !!
here is the last build to test : http://apps.vacavitoria.com/ludumdare24/build6/build6.html
changed the main menu to allow the user to navigate on the 3 levels, waiting for the 3D assets and reading the facebook integration on https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/games/getting-started/ moving forward !!
Firat update of all, we changed the name of the game for something more abstract here are the main changes :
– map definition in a text file
– load map prefabs based on text
– end level prefab
– level elapsed time counting
– character controler add to the char prefab
– show level timer
– add some models to the level
– think about background image for the levels
– make some creative credits scene
link for the current release on web
First status !!
we decided to create a game where you evolve and then need to scape from your old pairs sounds familiar ?
The first scene navigation system is done, so we can go from main menu to the scenes and to the credits, and so on using placeholder images, so my teammate can change for something nice and cool.
Here we go !!
this time with Unity/C#, and for the first time with a artist as a teammate !! for audio we are planning to record using voices, and for 3D stuff blender will be the weapon of destruction !!
for the portuguese speakers we will be online @ http://www.hipchat.com/gWuXOM0PR
[pt] para quem fala portugues vamos estar online em http://www.hipchat.com/gWuXOM0PR, nos vemos por lah !![/pt]
don’t forget to play the final version here : http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-22/?action=preview&uid=825
now its time pack everything and publish the final version !!!!
good weekend of coding, drawing, coding, testing …
this is getting close to the end !!, add the main screen, story screen changed the game over, killed some minor bugs of the viewport, now missing the soundtrack, sound effects and build the final map.
go go go !!