Some of you have been following my low-key announcements, but it’s time to go public.
We’ll be using ldjam.com for Ludum Dare 38 (i.e. the new website).
I’m on the cusp of pushing out many key features to the new website (posts and comments). That and a slew of other key features (signing up for events, creating teams, editing your teams game, editing user pages, adding gatherings). These features are all directly related, so when the first one finally drops, the rest should become available soon after.
What you can (and should) do right now:
- Register an account (If you haven’t registered on the new site yet, you need to do this)
- Login and Suggest Themes
NOTE: We will be migrating the data from this website later. Assuming everything goes according to plan (hehe), that should be around our August event.
What you will be able to do soon:
- Slaughter Themes (starts Friday)
- Following users. When you mutually follow each other, you are considered “Friends”
- Sign up for the event (each team member should make an account)
- Make teams (you need to be “Friends” to make a team)
- Edit your Game Submission (Publishing is disabled until the event starts)
- Edit your User page
- Make blog posts
- Make comments! OMG!
- View the Rules
What is running late, but is still coming:
- Adding Meetups and Gatherings
- Uploading images
- Changing your avatar
- Improved support for strict office Firewalls
- Improved security via a standalone login page
- A logout button 😉
I do regret I really dropped the ball on Real World Gatherings this time. Gatherings are a native feature of the new site, but until that feature is finished, add the details of your event as a comment here:
I will temporarily link to this page from the new site, at least until the feature is up and running. If you are an organizer of a gathering, I would recommend that you create an account on the new website.