In just under 5 weeks, we’ll be kicking-off our 33rd major Ludum Dare event. Lets do this!
Ludum Dare on WordPress, one more time
Like usual, we’ll be using the somehow-still-working WordPress powered website to run Ludum Dare 33.
I do regret that I underestimated the amount of work needed to rewrite Ludum Dare from the ground up. I bit off a lot, but I’ve enjoyed myself.
I’ll talk about progress in a moment.
Theme Suggestions are Open
You know the drill. Go here, and tell us what you think the theme should be.
Real World Gatherings
It’s time to start booking and organizing your gatherings (and for me to make the list)!
Project “Starship”, the new Ludum Dare, in great detail
The new website is still in development. Things are working, but it’s not done.
I’ve written an EPIC POST. The progress so far, what’s coming, and what to expect.
Click if you Dare.
- Keep all your current Games and Posts
- Create Teams, and subscribe to Groups
- New timeline, see only a subset of all posts during events, popular posts, and people you Follow
- Add Games from Other Game Jams (auto-import from some)
- Markdown formatted text instead of HTML, Emoji short codes, Syntax Highlighting
- Patching. Improve and fix the text for any page/post/game. Push with a click, and Accept changes with a click
- Comment Notifications and @mention Notifications
- Some crazy new User Page stuff
Check out the post for more details.
Ludum Dare is coming up!