Ludum Dare 36 Theme Voting Begins!

Posted by (twitter: @_sorceress)
August 20th, 2016 1:24 pm

It’s less than one week to go until LD36, and Theme Voting has now begun!

Tune in every day for a new round of themes. \:D/

[ Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 ]

[ Round 4 | Final Round ]

* Rounds coloured Gold are still open. If you haven’t cast a vote yet, click the link to do it. End times for each round vary, and many cross over. Rounds coloured Bronze have closed, and clicking the link will reveal the results of that round.

* If you get an error message about needing to log in to vote, and you are already logged in, then try refreshing your browser (CTRL+F5 in Firefox/IE), or in Chrome F12 then Right Click on Refresh and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”).

* A total of 8000 themes were suggested, and almost 500,000 votes were cast in the Theme Slaughter.

113 Responses to “Ludum Dare 36 Theme Voting Begins!”

1. ciw1973 says:

Argh! Easily the best set of final round themes I can remember, and I have to work all weekend.

Good luck everyone!

2. snipeout9702 says:

Got some good themes this year, some not so great in my opinion but i can get an idea pretty easily for most, I have pretty much all weekend to do this though may be tough on day 2/3 but I can (try to) manage!

Good luck all, happy developing!

3. Kino says:

Totally ready to participate! Good luck to all participants.

4. Come on “Beyond the Wall”!! We can all borrow ideas from Game of Thrones with that one. :)

5. Nevermind, looks like Ancient Technology is going to win it… I’m going to start modelling rocks and clubs and stone axes now, with this 5 hour headstart I can win this LD! Going to be #1 in all categories!

• Gravity Games says:

Why take the theme idea so literally as technology our caveman ancestors had? Perhaps someone will make a game about what modern technology would be like when operated by ancient man, or modern day humans as they struggle to cope with an over exaggeration of “ancient” (things like the NES for gaming and DOS computers perhaps)? Maybe dinosaurs or trilobites with flying cars and spacecraft? Maybe cavemen making giant fighting robots primarily with wood and stone? Admittedly, the kind of direction it can be taken in, alongside the alternate history vibes it gives make it one of my favorite themes, though I will admit most of the others are great too, even if I don’t have as much inspiration for some of the ones I would happily admit are great themes.

6. binasa says:

Searchy is NOT a browser plug-in (beyond bookmarklets, there’s no such thing). http://getsoftwareplease.us In the previous version, checked boxes were erased when app resumed.