Real World Gatherings for Ludum Dare 36 [16]

Posted by (twitter: @_sorceress)
July 9th, 2016 1:24 pm

While Ludum Dare is typically an online event (where we make games in the comfort of our own homes) many people like to organise real-world gatherings.

Events have limited space, so if you are interested in attending a venue, then contact the organiser ASAP!

If you are organising an event and want to let us know, then write in a comment below, and we’ll add it to the list:

City, Country (State) – Venue name – Link to contact information

North America

Longmont, Colorado, USA – TinkerMill – Contact Details
Troy, New York, USA – Tech Valley Game Space – Contact Details
Perth Amboy, New Jersey (USA) – Life Abstract Studios – Contact Details
Knoxville, Tennessee USA – Knox Game Design Meetup – Contact Details
New York, USA (NY) – Babycastles – Contact Details
Durham, North Carolina, USA – The Iron Yard – Contact Details

Tours, France – MAME – Contact Details
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain – #LDGC – Contact Details
Tartu, Estonia – APT Game Generator – Contact Details
Zaragoza, Spain #GamebossJAM – Contact Website | mailto: | Live streams!
Luleå, Sweden – Luleå Makerspace – Contact Details
Osnabrück, Germany – Contact Details

KDU Glenmarie, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia – Contact Details

South America

Brasília, Brazil (DF) – Jungle Coworking – Contact Details
Colatina-ES, Brasil – Contact Details
Curitiba, Brasil – PUCPR (inside Paralympic Game Jam) – Contact Details

29 Responses to “Real World Gatherings for Ludum Dare 36 [16]”

1. btrotter101 says:

Longmont, Colorado, USA – TinkerMill –

2. vfabien21 says:

Simple, yet important question for those in Europe : what time (GMT or, whichever reference) will it start and end ?

3. vfabien21 says:

Here we are :
    Tours, France – MAME –

4. invi says:

KDU Glenmarie, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia –

5. John Ceceri III says:

We just got our meetup together! ^-^
    Troy, New York, USA – Tech Valley Game Space –

6. jee7 says:

Tartu, Estonia – APT Game Generator –

We offer programming and art instructors, our own local competition with prizes and around 30 workstations for the participants. :)

7. jmelendez919 says:

Perth Amboy, New Jersey (USA) – Life Abstract Studios –

8. Acrimiens says:

Hi, We create Gameboss JAM Ludum Dare 36 in Spain. We have more than 50 assistants confirmed from all cities of spain and we stream all the content in our twitch.

Participate is totally free and include a hotel room to rest.

Zaragoza, Spain #GamebossJAM |

9. vinull says:

Knoxville, Tennessee USA – Knox Game Design Meetup –

We will meetup for the kickoff and theme announcement.

10. ohsqueezy says:

New York, USA (NY) – Babycastles –

The meetup is only for showing our projects right after the compo ends!

11. Ristoretto says:

Luleå, Sweden – Luleå Makerspace –

12. bcp says:

Curitiba, Brasil – PUCPR (inside Paralympic Game Jam):

13. Slothradamus says:

Durham, North Carolina, USA – The Iron Yard @ American Underground –

14. wouldntsavezion says:

Hey it’s not actually an event but I’m in Montreal and I’d be happy to invite another team over. Let me know here if you’re around !

15. Yamzho says:

Hi there,

First of all, I wish I could enter this LD, but unfortunately, I won’t as I am opening my coffee shop business right before the next event.

I am a former contestant and I know how important coffee is. So, even if this isn’t a gathering per se, all contestants in Montpellier (France) are welcome at my shop, and will be offered free coffee during the event. I will be opened from 7am until 7pm (sorry, can’t stay open 24/7 unfortunately) on all 3 days, wifi will be open, you just have to come with your laptop and your ideas !

You can contact me for more details about the venue at !

Good luck everyone !

16. chendler says:

I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!

17. omonaka says:

Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand.

18. binasa says:

If your image can be restored, the demo will let you know, so you can buy with full confidence in the software’s efficacy. For lock or hide photos/videos, Lock Photos is no doubt your best choice.

19. bina says:

The application locates the nearest stations from your position in London. Use wildcards instead of letters or search for anagrams.

20. alisaing says:

Hi friend, anybody there?

21. bankir says:

Contact:Use the Email button in the Settings tab for help or suggestions. From Jeremy Furr: Ultimate Address Book does so much.

22. lindabraus says:

These barcodes can be scanned on your iPhone for entry at the cinema door. MLS# and Address Searches Easy to use MLS# and Address searches.

23. MONIKA77 says:

Helps you learn new habits, eat right, and ultimately keep the weight off. This app generates base64 code in plain continuous string and ready to use.