How do you keep motivation?

Posted by
April 16th, 2016 4:24 pm

I’m having some serious trouble with this… I wanna build this game but it feels so difficult. How do you keep motivated and how do you have fun even when your frustrated? Excited to hear what everyone thinks. Thanks!

7 Responses to “How do you keep motivation?”

1. norseware says:

When I get frustrated, I either like to just play whatever I have for a bit (it often inspires new mechanics, or ways to solve problems), or go for a walk. It helps just to clear your head every so often!

2. LWNorman says:

Start small buddy, it’s easier and gears you up for the more complex ideas and work.

3. rburema says:

I’ve met some people also participating in LD in real-life some time ago & contacted them again yesterday. The google-hangout we’ve started helps reduce the ‘lonely’ feeling for me :-)

That in turn keeps me motivated. It helps, even though I consider myself an introvert.

Hope this helps.
    Don’t give up!

4. do it one step at a time.. frustrated means u had accepted the defeat
    try for a smaller game concept which can be completed in 48hrs.
    Split it in to tiny tasks and keep doing till the time runs out..
    I am learning Godot for this Jam, Installed the game engine after theme announced only.
    no clue will i able to finish, but difference is i feel thrill rather than frustrated..
    so as it goes.. do it one step at a time..

5. AlceX says:

You’re not the only one! I generally keep my motivation by checking what other people are doing and sharing my work, but it’s still hard. You can do it though, so don’t give up!

6. funisfun8 says:

Thanks everybody! And overall, no matter the product, it’s about finishing a game.

7. rad1c says:

I always remind myself why did I start at the first place. This helps a LOT. “Switching off” (i.e. having a break) also helps, if nothing else :)