I Love My Circle – releasing March 1st

Posted by (twitter: @joshdbb)
February 25th, 2016 7:51 am

I Love My Circle is finally going to be released on March 1st for Android and iOS.

I intended to release it for the October challenge but it turns out I massively underestimated how long everything takes!

Many thanks to the LD community for inspiring me to release a game, I wouldn’t have made it here if it wasn’t for you guys.

You can find a presskit() for the game here: http://ilovemycircle.com. I would really appreciate any help spreading the word.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

5 Responses to “I Love My Circle – releasing March 1st”

1. Geckoo1337 says:

Really interesting concept. I like the aesthetic which increases considerably the hypnotic mood. I assume that you used some material shaders so as to create these circles – the best way to get a perfect circle. I used the same shader when I did my own one-touch game which is called Confetti. I love your game. It could be interesting to create a version on Steam too. There is many little games (more or less) similar with yours. I wish you the best. Bye ++
    Take a look on mine :

• JoshDBB says:

Thanks! I tried your game, it is a really nice idea. Are you planning on releasing it? I think it could do well on mobile.
      I actually don’t use any shaders in the game, it is all sprite based. Maybe shaders would have been better though.
      I spent a long time working on the controls for touch screen to get them just right, I will need to rethink how the controls work for a steam version but I do intend to do that at some point. I also intend to release it on Apple TV as I think the remote trackpad would work well for this game.

2. Geckoo1337 says:

My game is available as a APK file, an application or a webplayer project on Itch.io
    I assume that it is not a big deal for you to adjust your code in order to use arrow keys instead a touch screen. If you want, I can send you a material shader which allows us to create a perfect circle. I think that the result is more efficient than a simple sprite. You could interact with all values – radius, size, color – like in your game. I used it for my game Oöcyte. I Like your project. If I can do something to help you to increase your project, tell me more. Bye ++

1337geckoo@gmail.com

• JoshDBB says:

It is a fairly big deal to transfer the control to a keyboard as they are very specifically designed around the touch screen. It would be easier to transfer the controls to a mouse rather than a keyboard but maybe the controls should be redesigned for desktop. I will play around with the possibilities when I have some time.

I think I would be able to create a circle shader but I am definitely interested to see yours. I’m very inexperienced with shaders so looking at a practical example could be very helpful. I’ll send you an email.

Oöcyte looks good, is there an OS X version?

3. Geckoo1337 says:

I cannot do a version for OSX. I am really sorry. Your game with a mouse? It’s a great idea. I answer today and I give you this shader. Have a nice day ++