Results for Ludum Dare 34

Posted by (twitter: @ludumdare)
January 4th, 2016 9:23 pm

You can view your results here:

My Results: ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=me

The individual category results are just above your comments.

Top 100 Games

Check out winning competition and jam games here:

Compo Top 100: ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=top
Jam Top 100: ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=top&cat=Overall(Jam)

Winners are decided by the Overall category.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Category Winners

Here at Ludum Dare, being the best overall game isn’t the only way to win. Games are rated in 7 additional categories, with a special “Coolness” category highlighting people that went above and beyond to be sure you got a vote.

Categorical Top 25’s: ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/

*NOTE*: You can click on the titles of the categories for Top 100 lists per category.

Ludum Dare 35 – April 15th-18th Weekend!

Our first event of 2016 is coming up April 15th! Follow us on Twitter or join the mailing list to stay informed.

Future Stuff

*deep breath*

Well, it’s been a year, and I need to ask you guys a favour.

The post is long, but to save time I’ve included summaries (TL;DR).

Thanks again everyone for making Ludum Dare great! We’ll see you again soon!

– Mike Kasprzak (PoV)

20 Responses to “Results for Ludum Dare 34”

1. midgard says:

I’m sad about my results, but honestly the games that are top 100 are really well done. I will not stop till I reach the top 100! And even then I’m not going to stop. Gamedev 4 life.

Congratulations to the winners, and good work to everyone!

2. hpearson2 says:

WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG i am in tears!

3. Jwatt says:

The top-ranking stuff seems very tasteful this time around. Good job.

While I don’t take my personal ratings too seriously, it’s pretty nice to be #51 in Innovation, about what I could expect from people’s reactions.

4. Eshford says:

Congrats to the winners!!! I’m so happy to be #61 place in overall!!

5. beetracks says:

Our first LDJAM and we reached #249 on overall? That’s awesome! Me and my friend are very happy with this. Congratulations to the winners of the top 100!! Much hard work required to achieve it. We will get there too, someday. 😀

6. Folztarg says:

Congratulations to all winners!! This was my first LudumDare and i’m very glad of my result, i’m so happy to be in #91 place in Audio!!!

7. RyanMan56 says:

Is there any way to find out how many entries there were in total?

8. Janacek says:

Hey guys !

I’m very proud of my rankings :) Thank you guys for playing my games and see you at the next LD !

9. Ace says:

Well, I can’t say I’m disappointed in my final ratings. Not too high up there, but I didn’t expect much more seeing as I never seem to have the time to properly do the rating myself afterwards

10. nunesbarbosa says:

Hey, I was wondering what happens if I make an unplayable game and get like 10-20 friends to vote 5 stars on each category?

In other words, how does the rating works to avoid this from happening?

• YinYin says:

Don’t think it does or has to and all you win is a shameful place in a very bright spotlight for everyone to see.

• Mr.Chippy says:

There isn’t really a reason for them to do that. There isn’t really any prize gained from winning. Its mainly just the knowledge that you made a good game. If somebody did that they would probably just be ignored. There wouldn’t be any point in doing that. (Except maybe if you felt like being really annoying.(>’~’)>

11. RadMcCool says:

I entered the compo, wondering if my rankings are over all the games or just the compo ones. this is totally for research and not hoping for any kind of ego boost 😛

12. batmanasb says:

I’m pretty sure only people who submit games can vote, so your bot net would have to submit their own games, which will look obvious if the games are all the same or very bad.

13. Mr.Chippy says:

Well…..

I didn’t get last place in anything 😀
    I have learned a lot since this jam started.
    Even the jam itself tough me. DON’T MAKE YOUR GAME IMPOSSIBLE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank for all the feedback.
    I hope to do better next time. Maybe even get top 100 in a category.

-Chippy :)

14. LeReveur says:

I would like to share again a suggestion I done in a previous session : is it possible to keep somewhere the link list of games we rated, and keep access to them after the results ? Currently, I try to keep a copy of my rates page just before the results publication, but it’s still a DIY solution…

15. lalaloopsy says:

ou est le jeux mrs president thats fucking weird dude!