Let’s Play Ludum Dare 34 – Episode 04

Posted by (twitter: @lkfumagalli)
December 29th, 2015 2:15 am

This episode covers the following games: Garbage Run by Dege, Gjallarhorn by NoWandStudios (unfortunately cut short by errors), Cultivate by kmakai, Neo Oxygene by Jwatt, and Rolla Grolla Arena by Xanjos! Check them all out in the video!

I hope Garbage Run continues to be worked on, as I thought the game was quite fun to play. I also enjoyed Cultivate but wish it didn’t skip through some text so quickly. I’d love to replay both these games if they get updated.

As for Gjallarhorn, I’m sad I wasn’t able to play it much due to the technical difficulties. If these get resolved, please let me know and I’ll give it another try!

If you’d like your own game to be played on my channel, just let me know via this form and I’ll get to you as soon as possible. Be sure to include an alternate means to notify you if you don’t have Twitter! People who’ve commented on my game (which I’ve updated since the jam!), and people who posted first get priority. Follow me on Twitter to find out which games I’ll be covering next!

I’d recommend submitting soon if you haven’t already, as my schedule is going to be tight with my work on the #towerjam. As I go down my list I’ll have to make shorter segments for each game (as much as I don’t want to) or postpone them until after the jam.

That aside, this has been a blast! It’s inspiring seeing everyone’s different takes on the themes and how they each tackled the Ludum Dare challenge. I’m even more determined than ever to hone my developer skills and make an outstanding game for #towerjam! Hope to see you all there!

You can follow my progress on my #towerjam game on Twitter. I’ll make a website for it once I have more to show as well.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Let’s Play Ludum Dare 34 – Episode 04”

1. Jwatt says:

Haha, witnessing people’s first reactions to my more abstract games is always a blast. You figured it out quickly though, and the clip is pretty representative of what one can do with the game. Thanks a bunch.

2. Dege says:

Thanks JACE239 for trying our game (Garbage Run).
    The game was actually born as impossible to win. In fact we inserted an high score so you can try to beat yourself :)

You have to use a strategy to win collecting the right amount of garbage and avoiding as much “missing” you can.

Anyway, we will release a postum LudumDare version making possible to collect all the garbage, and an Android version too.

We hope you will try it again!

Thanks again

3. kmakai says:

Hey thanks for playing! I’m really glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the feedback. I think I may go ahead and change the dialogue to only wait for input – I had originally hoped to create some dynamic timing, but I’m realizing that it rarely works without being frustrating.

I would definitely recommend playing again and making different decisions if you’re interested, as there are several more endings and lots of different conversations to see.

Thanks again! Always fun to watch others play, and I liked the voices you did for the characters!

• Jace239 says:

You’re welcome! I’m happy to see you’re considering my feedback. I’d love to play it again when I have more free time. Hopefully you’ll have made the change by then, but if not, I may still play it to satisfy my own curiosity. I’m glad you liked the voices!

4. GameGrape Gaming says:

The video looks good and you sounded like you were having a good time. Best part was at 3:00 when the garbage bag exploded :D. Great job!

GameGrape Gaming – Game On!