Working in LD-mode to make a mobile game

Posted by (twitter: @GameGems)
December 5th, 2015 3:23 pm

Hello! This August I participated in the Ludum Dare for the 1st time in my life. It helped me much to break the mental wall which I had a that time and start progressing again in game development after a still plateau.

2 weeks ago I decided to make my first proper mobile game in LD-mode. 48 hours was enough to build the gameplay and interface. During the following 2 weeks I run several tests on my my friends to find out how intuitive the interface was, made adjustments, worked with SDK integration, thought of more and more additions. The danger emerged that the new game could join the long list of my not-yet-released games which are waiting for one-more-adjustment.

I had to put an end to it and started one more LD for me. Yesterday I woke up at 4am with the intention not to go to sleep until I submit the game to the stores. And after 23 hours of staying awake I did it!

Please, check my EATERS game in Google Play.

Here’s how the gameplay look like:

EATERS gameplay

Your task is to open the mouths and close them when they have eaten the required quantity of food bits (shown at the top of the screen). The more you play, the more challenges you’ll encounter.

Please, share your opinion.

Technology: Air/Starling/Action Script 3

Tags: , , , ,


One Response to “Working in LD-mode to make a mobile game”

  1. ajayajayaj says:

    Looks fun! I’ll check that out.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]