Ludum Dare Comment Checker!

Posted by (twitter: @literalgames)
September 4th, 2015 6:11 am

Are you constantly refreshing your game’s entry page like me just waiting and waiting for new comments? Wish there was something that could notify you when you get a new comment? Well now there is! Enter the Ludum Dare Comment Checker!

commentchecker

Get the code here!

It’s a little Python3 script that requires PyGUI (for the alert box). You also need your Ludum Dare unique game id, which can be found here:

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 12.01.47

Happy rating! Also this is the first time I really used Python for anything proper, so code review/suggestions for improvement would be fantastic!

(Also Mike an API would be nice for the next LD website pretty please?)

9 Responses to “Ludum Dare Comment Checker!”

1. Leuthil says:

Nice idea :). There are also web page change detectors you can use (although I haven’t tried it but now I’m curious! lol). I found a list here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/detect-website-change-notification/

But your Python script is a very LD-esque solution :).

2. Highsight says:

I too would LOVE an API! When I was setting up my super stream, I had to do alot of bulk HTML scraping for titles, authors and downloads. Would be great if all of those were exposed instead. :)

3. joppiesaus says:

Awesome. You should add another optional option to specify what LD! 😀

4. g_o says:

Very nice! would appreciate a GUI though since python has some builtin modules to make something basic u’know nothing too fancy. Taking it further would be to make a notification system but that’s of course too much. Just throwing the idea in case you ever return to this 😉

5. Aaranos says:

Love the idea of it but it doesn’t work for me, looking for a win32con. Guessing because I’m 64bit, might want to mention that if so.

6. eddie007 says:

In Windows 10 it is very easy to set up sync folders windows 10 here is the best option, finally click on this site sync folders Windows 10 but friends first read basic information for sync tool, Microsoft developed this service Did