Request

Posted by (twitter: @pi_pi314)
August 20th, 2015 5:22 am

Due to the trouble I had last time exporting my game to Linux and OSX, I made a test to see if it works now. I do not have a Linux or OSX, so I would like to ask you to test it for me if you do. Here it is

7 Responses to “Request”

1. g_o says:

You might want to test it in a virtual machine, this is a must have handy software anyway

2. pi_pi3 says:

Thanks for the tip. On it

3. udo says:

Doesn’t work on OS X 10.11 with Java 1.8.0.60, throwing this error when I start it through the command line (double clicking the Jar from the GUI does nothing):

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.IllegalStateException: Please run the JVM with -XstartOnFirstThread.
    at org.lwjgl.system.macosx.EventLoop.checkFirstThread(EventLoop.java:20)
    at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwInit(GLFW.java:426)
    at com.uniraptor.aengine.Window.create(Window.java:71)
    at LD33Warmup.initEngine(LD33Warmup.java:49)
    at LD33Warmup.(LD33Warmup.java:41)
    at LD33Warmup.main(LD33Warmup.java:264)

and the same message happens again when I do add -XstartOnFirstThread

4. pi_pi3 says:

I think I made a workaround that should work for now. I’ll fix it properly after the LD. If it doesn’t work, then, well, only the Windows build will be playable.

5. I got the following error while trying to run on MacOs 10.10.4, java 1.8.0_31:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to load the native library: lwjgl
    at org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil.loadLibrarySystem(LWJGLUtil.java:339)
    at com.uniraptor.aengine.Window.create(Window.java:69)
    at LD33Warmup.initEngine(LD33Warmup.java:49)
    at LD33Warmup.(LD33Warmup.java:41)
    at LD33Warmup.main(LD33Warmup.java:264)

will try on Linux later, see ya 😉

6. pi_pi3 says:

Thanks for the help. I still don’t know what’s the issue on OSX

7. ungarischeziegenspielen says:

I see you’re using LWJGL… that library needs some natives. Since I haven’t downloaded your files or tested them yet, I’m going to make a wild guess, that you set your natives path to windows DLLs in eclipse or whatever IDE you’re using… But if you want to make it truly cross-platform, you need to set it dynamicly. In your main, before you would create a Display or an OpenGL context, set a System property, called “org.lwjgl.librarypath” to the folder containing the natives for the given OS. You can check the OS by calling System.getProperty (“user.os”). If it starts with “Win” -> windows, set “org.lwjgl.librarypath” to the folder of windows’ natives. if it ends with “nix”, or “nux” set it to the linux natives (.so-s). Otherwise, take a guess and set them to the OSX natives. If something fails, look up the OS names for OS X, and hardcode that too. If I covered anything you did before, and not this was your problem, I’m sincerely sorry!