HEY! DO YOU LIKE GRAPHS?! :D

Posted by (twitter: @LiamLimeGames)
April 23rd, 2015 6:25 pm

Of course you do! Want to know how good a voter you are? Awesome! I’ve got the tool for you!

Get your voting stats

So what is this? It’s a tool that analyses how you voted others. How does it work? Well you have to copy paste the table information from the previous ratings page into a text field there and it analyses it and shows you GRAPHS! 😀

Note: All the processing is done in your browser, so don’t worry, the super sekrit voting data never leaves your browser. It’s all JavaScript!

Here’s a sample:

Want it to provide more data? Let me know in a comment. Found a bug? Let me know in a comment! 😀

If the instructions on how to copy data aren’t clear, or if they don’t work properly in a browser or operating system, please let me know. I tested it on Chrome 42 on Windows.

Please don’t look at the JavaScript code too-too hard, as it’s a very ugly botch-job. It’s not code that is supposed to continue to work for years, just a quick and dirty implementation. If you would however like to expand on this, you can use it at will.

8 Responses to “HEY! DO YOU LIKE GRAPHS?! :D”

1. masterboth says:

It’s not working for me :c this was on the console: “ReferenceError: $ is not defined voting.html:1:0” I’m using Firefox 37 on mac.

2. Liam :D says:

Oh crap, I moved it and forgot to move jquery files! Whoops! Sorry about that, it’s fixed!

3. masterboth says:

Wow, that was fast!

4. zatyka says:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

5. Now THIS is interesting. Really awesome thing you’ve made here. It would be interesting to know the average amount of comments you leave on other games (it’s actually more something I’d be interested to know about other people, how much they leave feedback).

But what you have is very cool for visualizing votes.

6. Tuism says:

Hey cool tool :) To agree with the above comment and take it a step further – I’m interested to see how many people leave comments – and how long the comments are… As that’s one predictor of spam comments (stuff like “good stuff, great entry” that I keep seeing everywhere with no rhyme or reason on some broken stuff suggests people are just spam voting/rating/commenting for coolness and that grates my sensibilities.)

7. Liam :D says:

Unfortunately the data that is included does not contain any information about comments. I -could- make a site crawler, but I really don’t feel like doing that… plus I think there’s a case to be made about that being in poor taste…

In any case, I did update this! It now shows an array of CORRELATIONS between categories. Check it out here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/2015/04/24/correlations/