Ludum Dare #-6192 Post mortem

Posted by (twitter: @pi_pi314)
April 21st, 2015 12:43 pm

My second LD didn’t go as well as expected, yet I consider it a success. I improved my skills a lot, got some experience and I work a lot faster than I used to. During the LD I realised the engine I wrote at the start was crap. Cause I never liked engines like LibGDX or JME, I decided to write my own engine. I’m hoping to finish it until the next LD and use it then. Now for the what-went-well & what-went-wrong:

What went well:

– Finished core mechanics to a playable degree

– Textures don’t look like sh… Shoes. I totatlly meant to say shoes.

– Vector based collision detection instead of my usual collision boxes (first time doing that)

– Rather good planing

– Great motivation, even when I was struggling

– Very little bugs in the first 12 hours…

What went wront:

– … A lot of bugs in the other 27 hours of work

– Spent too much time procrastinating and pretending I’m workin (e.g drawing those bloodstains for 5 minutes; playing around with bfxr)

– No reaction from enemies on hit except for a sound and damage

– Only one skill (“cheat”) enabled

– Not a lot of options for creating skills

I think I covered all there is to say. Make sure to check out Ludum Dare #-6192.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]