Very Dungeon: Postmortem

Posted by (twitter: @JaviCepa)
December 8th, 2014 9:47 am

19200-shot0 19200-shot1

 

As tradition demands, here goes my entry postmortem:

Tools used:

  • Programming: Unity 4.6
  • Graphics: Pickle Editor, Photoshop
  • Tiles: AutoTileGen
  • Sound: Mixcraft 6.0, Wavosaur

What went good:

  • The concept came up quite easily. I wanted to make a roguelike since long.
  • I really liked the theme as it will give a lot of game variety.
  • I made it on time and still got a few extra hours to add a lot of sugar (player thoughts, hints, more unlocks…)
  • The procedural level generation looks gorgeous and gives a lot of variety. I may work further on this…

What went bad:

  • The procedural generation took almost the 1st day complete.
  • Because of that: I thought I wasn’t going to have time for the music/sound.
  • I didn’t give a lot of time to design.
  • Ultimately, I had to relief on the skills to make the generated levels solvable enough.
  • I started using Unity 5.0 beta but had to switch to 4.6 when I found out that the webgl & webplayer sound DID NOT WORK.
  • Because of that: I had to manually remake all the scene, prefabs, values…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]