So, I had a bug today that I couldn’t skip. When I started my game, it filled up my PC’s memory completely in about a minute, breaking literally everything that was running. I had to fix it to continue.

8 hours of hacking at this problem.

I just fixed the bug. It was with Scene2d.ui’s function Table.drawDebug(). If you set debug, apparently it runs this blindingly expensive operation that constantly creates new objects. Yay.

I followed a tutorial telling me to do this. And who would guess that something that draws literally a few lines on a screen would break my whole computer lol

8 hours of not actual game developing haulted… due to a single line of code I would have eventually taken out anyways….. FFFFFFUUUUU–

 

Long story short, my LD time is done. But now the bug is fixed, I’m going to continue my game to see if the fun factor is there or not. I think I definitely came up with an idea at least worth exploring and finishing an alpha.

Here’s a final LD screenshot of the game. See you guys at the next LD!

ld30


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]