.i mi gasnu lo nu banli betri

Posted by
August 17th, 2014 5:37 pm

(en: “I am causing a great disaster”)

Well, I needed something more interesting than just “I’m in!”, so I thought I’d have a bit of fun with that. I think “.i mi zvati” would be the best translation.

About 4 years ago, LD #18 happened, and I participated in my first Ludum Dare. Somehow I ended up in 1st place for audio. I made the game using Java + Swing… on FreeBSD. No, that’s not the name of a Linux distro. It’s actually a different OS (which ends up sharing about 90% of the average Linux userland anyway).

This time around, I’m using FreeBSD again. But I’ll be using something I used before I ever touched Java. That’s right, Allegro 4. I used that for LD #21 (“Escape”), and it was quite frankly a breeze to work with. That time around I used dumb to play my music. This time I’ll use sackit.

So, here’s the lowdown.

  • IDE: VIM
  • Languages: C, possibly Lua (but probably not)
  • Compilers: Clang (native FreeBSD), MinGW (Windows port), GCC (Linux + Raspi ports)
  • Libraries: Allegro 4, sackit
  • Audio: Audacity, SunVox, SchismTracker

I’ll probably be using Allegro 4 for what it’s good for, rather than writing that hackjob partial Sega Master System emulator I did in LD #18 (Never. Again.), so we’re talking maybe 2D vector graphics and stuff like that.

So yeah, with all that crap said, I’m in!


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]