Are you psyched for Ludum Dare 29? Yeah! Are you ready for Ludum Dare 29? No!?? Then between now and Ludum Dare 29′s start time, you’re encouraged to test your tools. We call it Warmup Weekend (but we don’t mind if you’re early or late). Make some art, import it, and draw it on screen. Make some sounds, import them, and play them on cue. If you’re using a new development tool, figure out the development cycle. Learn how to make a release too!
Bullet point summary:
- No rules or limits. This is practice.
- Learn your development tools! Write some code, run it.
- Make some art, get it on screen, make it move.
- Print some text to the screen. Print some text to a log (if applicable).
- Make some sound, get it in game, make it play.
- If you’re motivated enough, make your experiments in to a game!
- Make something that should take “hours”, not 2 days.
- Then package it up, put it online.
- No time or day limit. But if you have no other plans this weekend, why not?
If you like what you’ve done, feel free to share it.