Ludum Dare 29 Trophies!

Posted by (twitter: @theupgradezone)
April 10th, 2014 8:35 am

This Ludum Dare, I will be giving trophies to the winners of each category.

Which made me think, why not make it a regular thing? Why not automatically give people trophies if they win a category? So that people can see what other people won at a glance.

I think it’s a suggestion worth thinking about. I know it may take time to code but I think it’s a neat idea :)

They also look good. So, they will be a cool thing to have :)

These are the ones I have done so far:

Trophy_Innovation Innovation: A gear, because it is supposed to represent the inner workings of the code

Trophy_FunFun: Balloons and streamers! (Thanks to The4thCircle for the idea)

Trophy_ThemeTheme: A star. Because, I thought that would represent it best

Trophy_GraphicsGraphics: A paint brush and pallet, obviously

Trophy_AudioAudio: A golden record

Trophy_HumorHumor: A jester’s hat (Thanks to PoV for the idea)

Trophy_MoodMood: The iconic happy and sad face from theater

Trophy_OverallOverall: The Ludum Dare Joystick!

Trophy_CommunityCommunity: A globe, because the community is worldwide

Trophy_CoolnessCoolness: Some cool shades (Thanks to Junber for the idea)

For each LD challenge, there will be a number on each trophy:

Trophy Number

If it is a Jam category, it will have ‘Jam’ on it:

Trophy Jam

So what do you think? A cool idea? Could it be a permanent thing?

Plus, please message me or leave a comment if you have any suggestions!

Thanks :)

16 Responses to “Ludum Dare 29 Trophies!”

1. Junber says:

Nice Idea. Coolness could be sunglasses.

2. PoV says:

Ya, it’s a good idea. We really should acknowledge what people have won in their user profiles.

3. The4thCircle says:

humour could be like coolness but the glasses are a comedy pair with a nose, moustache and googly eyes.

Fun could be balloons ans streamers.

4. sorceress says:

For humour: a clown face
    For fun: a dog

5. sol_hsa says:

For iconic fun, how about comedy mask (from comedy/tragedy) ?

6. PoV says:

These are very cool man. I’m tempted to take some time after the event to build a new trophy system for these. Like a virtual trophy shelf, graphics one one side, and a tall list of the achievements on the other. Of course, this means populating it with old data too. Lots of coolness trophies to be handed out. :)

7. eemmbbeerr says:

This is cool beyond awesome beyond amazingly bafflingly extremely marvelous idea!

8. Liens says:

These are super great

9. Tim Bumpus says:

Good call. Although giving EVERYONE who gets 100% coolness a trophy seems a bit over the top. =)

10. ashdnazg says:

(I hope you still check this post for comments)

If you want any help with the coding, I already have python scripts that scrape statistics from past LDs.

Checking who won, and trophying them shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

You can contact me here or at @gmail.com