About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 9 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes, 17 seconds
  • October Ends: in 10 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes, 17 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 45 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes, 17 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Ludum Dare GDC Gathering

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
    March 10th, 2014 1:02 pm

Hey folks! I’ve been asked several times about the GDC Gathering. Last year, there was a mixup at Tads, which I suspect had something to do with making the reservation as early as I did. Fortunately it did work out, but I’m hoping calling later is less confusing for them.

Tentatively, Confirmed, the gathering will be on GDC Tuesday (March 18th) at Tads Steakhouse, starting sometime after we get out of the summits at 6:30 PM. Feel free to stop by whenever (They kick us out somewhere between 10:30-11:00 PM). We’ll be in the upstairs area at the back. The reservation is under the name “Mike“, but feel free to just walk in, go to the back, and walk upstairs. If you see nerds, you win.

Tads is an inexpensive ($10-$15), cafeteria-style Steakhouse. My apologies to the Vegetarians, but it is a very meaty menu. Feel free to eat elsewhere and join us after. We like it ’cause it’s private, close to Moscone, don’t charge us a dime to reserve, and they’re open past 8 PM (i.e. Westfield).

EDIT: The Mysterious Sony Talk

Hey Folks! Looks like Sony has scheduled a mysterious Extra Talk (announcement?) on GDC Tuesday, 5:45-6:45. Some of us (including me) may choose to attend, so we may be late. Just FYI!

8 Responses to “Ludum Dare GDC Gathering”

1. Cake&Code says:

Excites. :D I (Cake) am planning on making it out there, although most likely without my partner. And also a little bit late because, well, school.

Hope to see you guys!

2. r2d2upgrade says:

This isn’t exactly related, but you are an admin. The front page is FILLED with spam by a bot called Kadichgu. Do you think you can do something about it? (if it is already done by the time you read this, never mind, but thanks for reading :) )

3. SethR says:

I will be at the GDC shindig, looking forward to meeting people! I just deleted like 300 spam posts from 10 users, we really need akismet filtering on the posts or something ASAP

• PoV says:

Yeah, I’ve been digging in to details. Sadly akismet is anonymous comments only (which isn’t an issue for us since we require user accounts to post comments).

I installed a new plugin called CleanTalk, that claims to be good enough to not even need catchpas. I left them on anyway. Sadly, I can’t tell a difference, yet.

4. Jason Lay says:

I’m going to try and make it. I definitely want to meet as many Ludum Dare people as possible. I’m flying solo so hopefully I can find some cool people to hang out with.

I’m interested in that Sony announcement, so might be running late, save some steaks for me!

5. machinas says:

I’ll be there! (probably after 7) Looking forward to it.

6. lun says:

Hi, guys, thanks to everybody who came, was really nice to meet you!