Ludum Dare 36
The Theme is:
Ancient Technology

Feedback Friends
Give and receive feedback on your game
Play and comment!

LD36 has ended!
Well done to everyone who took part.
1908 Amazing Games!

BIEBER CHALLENGE

Posted by (twitter: @Sheepolution)
December 12th, 2013 3:11 pm

This is an official challenge to all Ludum Dare gamedevs.

This weekend, your quest is to put a BIEBER somewhere in your game as an “easter egg”.

This “Bieber challange” will be like a meta game in which everyone tries to find the kittens in each game they play. You know you want to.

Do it – for the love of Bieber. For the love of meta. For the love of all things LD48.

Edit: I was cool enough to make an icon that you should put in your game title screen or game thumbnail screenshots so we know to look for your Bieber:

Finally, be sure to post to the blog using the “bieber-challenge” and “easter-egg” tags.

Here are the tragic results of theme voting. Where’s the Bieber love?

1. You Only Get One +499
16. Reflection -262
17. Shadow -282
18. Closed Doors -333
19. The Fourth Dimension -596
20. Differences -843
21. Bieber 4Evar <3 -2082

12 Responses to “BIEBER CHALLENGE”

1. ViKingGames says:

Everyone must do this. I know I am!

2. daOyster says:

I’m in for this!

3. Suese says:

Uhg, not more context-driven themes!

I’m not into the 12-year-old-game-dev culture here people! I don’t know where these stupid ideas come from, but I know they have to do with the festering popularity contest raging in the bowels of 4chan and the rest of the internet.

Clearly, “You only get one” is a huge context-driven theme based on a few recently popular crappy games that have given you “Just one” match, or “Just one” bullet.

I’m assuming break the system comes from a recent influx of crappy games that involve purposefully-glitching programs and broken English (System break, so excite!).

Why can’t we just have basic one-word themes that aren’t being up-voted based on any particular pop-culture context?

4. udo says:

Yeah. I’m not doing this. Potatoes, fine. Even “downvote me” or stuff like that, okay, I’ll work with that. But everyone has there limits and this is mine :)

5. eemmbbeerr says:

Is it legal to use a justin bieber song downloaded from youtube in the game?

• thedeadlybutter says:

Even though it’s for non commercial use you cannot use it. Will anyone send you a takedown request / copyright infringement for a silly LD game? No.

6. YellowLime says:

why

maybe

7. hamster_mk_4 says:

I look at the joke themes as a challenge. “Are you good enough a game dev to make something interesting out of this silly idea?” I have been surprised by the brilliance of some of the previous joke theme implementations and I am sure some of us will do like wise for Bieber.