Ludum Dare 31
Theme:
Entire Game on One Screen

Judging ends in:
It’s time to Play and Rate Games!

PlayRate80Star

Ludum Deals for LD28

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
December 8th, 2013 12:34 pm

Deals! Here is this LD’s list of offers, bargains and other things.

Development

Content Creation

• Pixexix ProPaint on 3D Models using any 2D Image Editor – 66% off (Reg: £15)!
  • Pickle EditorSprite and Animation Editor – $10 off with coupon code LD28.

If you’d like to submit your own deal, you can post details and a link in the comments below, or send me an e-mail. Keep in mind I don’t have a lot of time, but if you need a confirmation or just to ping me once it’s posted, go ahead and mail me. When I have a chance I’ll add it to the list.

Also it MUST be relevant to what we do here (i.e. make games).

32 Responses to “Ludum Deals for LD28”

1. Well go on then, I’ll cut the price of Pixexix Pro by 2/3 so it’s £5 ($8) now, normally £15:

there’s a free version too that works just fine :)

for anyone who doesn’t know what it is; it’s a tool for painting onto 3D models :)

2. cadin says:

You can save $10 on the new version of Pickle by using the coupon code ‘LD28′:

(Coupon is good through December 16)

• cdoty says:

Snagged Pickle.. great deal. I just finished an importer for my Super Play engine, using the trial version.

• ezolotko says:

I was looking for something like this for this jam – just bought one. And I already have one bug report and one feature request:

Bug: After working with the program on Windows after a while “selection” tool refuses to work – selection rectangle is appears on mouse drag but then disappears on mouse button release

Request: Pattern fill – setting for the “fill” tool to fill with pattern instead of solid (25%, 50%, diagonal, horizontal, vertical etc, like in Paint.NET). Would be very convenient for “mosaic” shading when working with low-color palettes.

• Coblynau says:

At first I thought, “What’s the point? GraphicsGale Free works fine.” Then I downloaded the trial..
      Insta-buy.

No more stressing over the GUI going mad just because I misclicked once.

• bugninja says:

I can’t find where to enter a coupon code on the checkout screens?

• rylgh says:

The trial seems great, but I was wondering if you’ve thought about adding an option to export an animation as individual pngs. With Unity + 2DTK, I think there’s a way to import a sheet, but I’d be happy to have the option of just throwing in pngs like I usually do.

• cadin says:

! PAYPAL USERS:
      As bugninja noted above, you need to log in and complete the PayPal process before you can enter the coupon code (you’ll be taken back to the Pickle store to complete the order).
      I know this is a little strange. Unfortunately I can’t really control that part of it.

If anyone is having issues with the order process or with Pickle please email support at pickleeditor.com

3. SaintHeiser says:

Hey Yo-Yo Games!
    Will there are some discount on export modules(Ubuntu or HTML5) for GameMakerStudio?

4. cdoty says:

A Ludum Dare 50% off launch special ($14.99) will be offered on 12/11 for Super Play, a SNES inspired game engine:

5. ghRibacki says:

Clickteam’s Multimedia Fusion 2 is on the Humble Bundle Weekly this week!
    Pay what you want, at least one dollar!
    I’ll totally use it for the LD28. =)

6. norrox says:

Where do enter the discount code for Pickle ?!?! cant find it!

7. cadin says:

If you are having trouble using the coupon for Pickle, you can use this link and it will apply the coupon automatically:

Discount is good through the 16th.