In the Nick of Time!

Posted by
December 3rd, 2013 10:55 pm

Just at in the eleventh hour, I managed to finish off building a version of Heartbreak that should scale nicely for all Android devices. If you have an Android device, please give the .apk a try. I’d love to hear how it plays for others on their phones, or even tablets.

I also added in a little easter egg for those with tappy fingers. :)

Enjoy!

7 Responses to “In the Nick of Time!”

1. tonithy says:

“The was an error parsing the package…” Can’t get the APK to install…

• Cybearg says:

Thanks for the response! Try the download link again and see if the new package is any better. Evidently, numbers in the file’s name or anything but lower-case letters in the package address can cause this problem. Hopefully that’s all it was.

• tonithy says:

The new one installed fine. There was a discrepancy with the file size though. The first version was 7.54mb, the new one is 21.2mb… Perhaps that was the issue…

Nice game though. The concept was solid and it worked well!

• tonithy says:

The heart switches so fast when it gets to switching. How high a score have you gotten?

• Cybearg says:

Thanks for trying it! I didn’t take note of what my highest score was, but I’ve played it straight through to the point where the game introduces white and black into the mix.

You feel that the heart beats too fast–thanks for letting me know! The heartbeat is meant to be based on the BPM of the background song so there should be some synchronization there, but most of the songs are over 100 BPM, some reaching 120, and one is even 150 BPM! Perhaps the heart should pulse every OTHER beat, instead of every beat?

• Cybearg says: