Compare Your Results to Your Past Performance

Posted by
September 17th, 2013 1:42 pm

I made a quick and dirty userscript that displays a “Performance” graph on all user pages. For example, mine looks like this:

ludumdare-demo

The script can be found here.

To install in Chrome, download the script, go to Tools | Extensions, and drag the downloaded script into the page. To install in Firefox, use Greasemonkey. To install in other browsers, do something else.

Let me know how it works for you guys.

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Compare Your Results to Your Past Performance”

1. TobiasW says:

I installed it in Firefox with Greasemonkey, and it’s obviously doing something, but not much: http://puu.sh/4tRPE/f5ac9ad8ac.png

2. Atmospherium says:

This is amazing. I only have one entry under my belt at the moment, but I’m really enjoying looking at other people’s profiles and getting a pretty good idea of how everyone else is improving over time. Thanks a lot for making this, I’d highly recommend that you keep working on this and see if it can be added as a standard feature to the site.

3. BadgerPriest says:

@TobiasW: Hmm, you’re right, it doesn’t seem to work on Firefox. I’m going to run some tests, but in the meantime, it does work fine in Chrome.

@Atmospherium: Thanks!

4. BadgerPriest says:

@TobiasW: Ok, Firefox is working in the latest version :-)

5. patrickgh3 says:

Really cool! I agree with Atmospherium, it would be really cool to have this be a standard feature of the site.

6. MrBlade says:

My computer really seems to hate github, or maybe I am just not using it properly. Google Chrome downloads the .js file fine but right after it finishes it gives me the error “Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website.” With the only option being “OK”. It doesn’t even show up in my downloads. I don’t know if you have other resources in your git repository that you need, but perhaps you could try a different code hosting service? Dropbox is the obvious one, but I don’t really care, just something other than github so I can try it. Haha. Looks cool!

7. timtipgames says:

Works perfectly for me. Very interesting to see :) Thank you for making and sharing this!

8. caranha says:

You could also add a function that normalizes the position relative to all the entries:

For example, if in a LD there were 2500 entries, and you placed 500 graphics, it would say: Graphics: 0.8 for that entry.

Great script, thanks!

9. naufr4g0 says:

I’ve installed the extension, but I can’t see anything! :/

10. hdon says:

You are my hero. Thank you.