Ludum Dare 31
Theme:
Entire Game on One Screen

Judging ends in:
It’s time to Play and Rate Games!

PlayRate80Star

7dRTS is over!

Posted by (twitter: @_sorceress)
July 5th, 2013 3:24 am

7dRTS results!

IRC twitter reddit twitch resources

99 Amazing Entries!

Well done everybody!

204 Responses to “7dRTS is over!”

1. citizenlion says:

Hi, I have a question about post submission changes. Could I put in:

A- Tuning variables changes: basically the game code does not change, but the map change subtly, the hero is slightly faster, etc. (the demo is slightly too difficult now, and a tiny nudge down would make it very challenging still, but winnable with mostly skill and a tiny bit of luck)

B- Minor bug fix that can be worked around but does affect gameplay significantly: eg. a bug caused by forgetting to initialize a variable (due to last minute coding and low blood-caffeine)

Sorry for asking what probably are probably elementary questions! First time submitter here.

Thanks,

• superjoe says:

I’m personally fine with it. I don’t know what the official rules are.

• sorceress says:

Update your game as much as you want. This isn’t as strict as a regular LD. :)

But if you leave a link to the original (unmodified) version of your game too, then everybody will know what is what.

• citizenlion says:

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind for the future!

We were quite stressed this week so we didn’t really do anything to the build except to optimize the HTML5 port (it is now still slow but not crashing very quickly anymore). I think that fixing the port is more important than tuning the gameplay at this point ;)

The demo as it is as a one known minor gameplay bug that I have commented on and suggested a workaround. It is monstrously difficult, but still winnable with a healthy dose of luck :D (think of it as representing the final map of an RTS, not the first)

2. Mercur1c says:

Will 7DRTS become a regular thing?

• sorceress says:

It depends if the admins allow it.

I had the opportunity this year because it was my turn to host the miniLD, which is pretty much a once in a lifetime thing now that the community has gotten so big.

Or it could be separated from the ludum dare website and become a thing of it’s own.

3. Danex317 says:

I’ve never actually done a Ludum Dare before. Do we ever get to see our final own ratings? And when will voting close?

• sorceress says:

Do we ever get to see our final own ratings?

Of course. People will get to see them once the voting closes.

And when will voting close?

That will be just before we get to see our final ratings. ;)

(which will be in 2 weeks time)