About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 8 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes, 20 seconds
  • October Ends: in 9 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes, 20 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 44 days, 12 hours, 26 minutes, 20 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Question: How do you rate mood?

Posted by (twitter: @caranha)
    May 5th, 2013 9:36 am

Just throwing a question for everyone out there. I have my own answer, but I was wondering if it is the right one afterall.

How do you rate mood? Can you give some examples of high mood and low mood games?

Cheers!

Tags: , , ,

5 Responses to “Question: How do you rate mood?”

1. artctrl says:

It’s very much a personal thing. I enjoy games that tell a great story with characters, and a world I can imagine. This is why books are so damn great.

2. messiano says:

I understand it as “atmosphere”. If it sets a good atmosphere/mood/emotion, then I rate if highly for mood.

3. sorceress says:

For me, Mood is a measure of how emotionally captivating the experience is. Art, sound, pace and story are usually the most important factors. But if I find a game boring, then it won’t be emotionally captivating, no matter the quality of it’s art/sound/etc.

High mood games tend to be those I can enjoy as a passive experience, without necessarily playing the way I’m supposed to.

4. LTyrosine says:

I understand it as “atmosphere”[2]

5. Jorjon says:

My game was regarded as having a nice atmosphere, maybe it can be an example of good mood.