Dead End – conclusion

Posted by
May 4th, 2013 3:55 am

Hello,
I came up what did good and what I’ve failed during the Ludum Dare.
When theme of the LD was published, I felt a little bit disappointed. I hadn’t any idea what to write. In addition, I had no time almost the all weekend. In fact, I started to write my game after the compo deadline.
My idea was very simple, so I was able to finish the game before deadline.

What went good

  • Although I’ve never used surround sounds in my games, I managed to do it in Dead End. There were problems, but finally everything went good with it.
  • The idea of the game was very simple – I didn’t have thousands of concepts how to make the game better – simple plan, and simple implementation.

What I’ve failed

  • I completely screwed up development of the app. In first hours of the jam, everyone who tried to start the game, had problems with it. The reasons for this situation are that I had no experience in development of applications for Linux, and I was unable to compile Dead End on Windows personally (I had approach to my notebook with Linux on it, not to PC with Windows).
  • I planned to record own sounds, but I didn’t have time for it – I had to download free sounds from the Internet.
  • I was waiting a long time for my registration email on a Ludum Dare site, rather than immediately change my email provider 😉

In summary, a few things could have been done better, but for the first participation in Ludum Dare, it wasn’t worst. I managed to finish the game and I am very happy of it.

 


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]