Posted by
April 28th, 2013 6:48 pm

Phew!  That was close.  Things were going along smoothly and I was about to add some more features when… I decided to deploy my game to another machine.  With only two hours left before the deadline, I was seriously worried.  But I got it working!


I’ve learned many lessons while competing in my first Ludum Dare contest.  Among them:

  1. Build at least one complete game with your game engine of choice before trying to use it in a competition.
  2. Build games for the Web.  Last minute deployment issues are not fun.

I’ve ruthlessly cut down on scope and sacrificed code quality to finish this, but it’s done, and that’s what counts.

Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]