Next weekend I will be joining you all for the second time. Last time it went way better then expected with very high on humor and audio (audio should be my expertise since I am a music technology student, and not a game designer by trade). But not very high on theme, graphics, overall, and fun, which of course all make a game good and fun so that should be improved.
#20 Humor 3.89
#77 Audio 3.37
#138 Innovation 3.40
#211 Mood 3.08
#358 Fun 2.85
#429 Overall 2.85
#481 Graphics 2.67
#579 Theme 2.67
For this time I have some goals set:
- My game should run in a browser, to make it more accesible
- I want to focus even more on music/audio
- It should have more variation
- I want an original idea, not a standard platformer or RPG (maybe a puzzle or simulation kind of game if the theme allows it)
Tools I will be using:
- LibGDX for coding (deployment to OSX/Win/Linux (Java), Android, and most important: Web)
- Pixen/Pen&Paper/Photocamara or something else starting with a P for art (not my strongest point)
- Ableton, Audacity, MilkyTracker, fieldrecorder, live instruments for sound/music
- and a hand made bash script for a timelapse of my screen
I will probably not work the full 48 hours, but as the last time showed I will in every case turn in a playable product.
Have fun all!