MiniLD #41 Announcement

Posted by
March 11th, 2013 4:02 am

Blood in the Water

[ View Entries ]

I realise that this month is probably going to be pretty busy for everybody between GDC and the 7DRL so I’m going to open up the MiniLD until the end of the month. So, you have until the end of the 31st of March to submit your MiniLD game. Submission time should close about the same time that Ludum Dare usually finished up, which is about 03:00UTC.

So the theme for this MiniLD is one that I certainly hope to see some interesting variations on… You see, I want to see Blood in the Water…

Blood in the water

Blood in the water

I want to see people being ravenously attacked, or being the attackers. Predators everywhere. Or any other interpretation of the theme you can think of, take advantage of the world.

So you know, this is what inspired the theme.

Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the theme, especially if they try and work it into their 7DRL if they’re doing that.

[ View Entries ]

31 Responses to “MiniLD #41 Announcement”

1. kulhajs says:

Nice theme, I immediately got an idea for a simple game! unfortunately I’m working on other bigger project, maybe when I got stuck on that I might actually make a game for this MiniLD.

2. I will see if i can throw something together, just need an idea first.

3. Hayawi says:

Well I was going to spend my march break on the 7DRL, but for a lack of ideas and experience… Anyways, this looks like it will be fun, looking forward to submitting a game for this

4. nikev says:

This should be interesting. I will try to actually finish a game this time. =)

5. Are there some rules o limitations on the kind or extensión of game, besides the theme that was propossed?

6. Gocho says:

I will like to see the complete rules too.
    3 weeks are more relaxed than 2-7 days

7. Dezzles says:

Most of the reason that I haven’t put any solid rules or limitations in is because of how busy this month is for most of us (between GDC and 7DRL)

8. Humm, so we can do more or less anything we like….
    HE HE HE !
    But still, that’s not a very easy theme now, is it ?!?

9. Ok, great! So let the imagination do its work… with some luck i could make my idea a real game… or mini-game at least 😉 I’m only a hobbyst for now, but “who knows”… maybe some day…

10. Johnman says:

This time I’m going to go with the first thing that comes to mind. Let’s see if that way I can actually finish 😛

11. HeroesGrave says:

Well, it has to have water.
    And it has to have blood.

Maybe if you spill blood in the world’s water supplies. Then “You are the Villain” too.

Not entering though. Too busy on other projects.

12. mohammad says:

Oh god this is going to be so much fun for me.
    I plan to have a manhunt styled brutal juggernaut game in which you can kill, mutilate, torture, rape, beat, burn, hang, bomb, cut, decapitate, and anything else I may put up for it.
    Basically i’m back from my long awaited slumber to resume the gruesome violence inside me that has waited 10 months. Anyway, i’m going to make a game so controversial Australia will wage WW3 over it.
    Plus parents will butthurt. But anyway i’m back and now seeing this makes me want to back to game development in which I have missed out so much on. Can’t wait to get started!

13. Christina Nordlander says:

Dumb question, since this is my first time participating in a Ludum Dare (I’m stoked, btw):

do contributions to this Mini-LD have to be made in 48h? Because mine took rather longer to make. I’m guessing probably not, but just making sure.

• Hayawi says:

usually yes, but its flexible when it comes to Mini-LD (its more of an event than a competition), but for this one, its up until the end of March because of other events that were happening (Like 7DRL).

14. Looking forward to checking out all the entries later this evening! :)
    Or maybe tomorrow night…

15. Christina Nordlander says:

Another dumb question: how do I edit my entry? I’m logged in, but I can’t see an “edit” button anywhere in my entry page.

16. Christina Nordlander says:

Disregard, I found the button. Didn’t know it would be in the “browse entries” page, rather than in my entry proper.

17. Keast says:

I love how most of us didn’t get the title because we didn’t know that “blood in the water” is an idiom 😀

18. Ryxuma says:

yeah the competition picture didn’t help either 😛

19. wilcort says:

So how long does the voting/judging period usually last?