Rad Game Roundup – Part 1

Posted by (twitter: @Phantom_Green)
December 18th, 2012 10:01 am

RadGameRoundupLD25

As I play through the games of LD25, I’m making a list of games that I want to showcase. Once that list hits 5 entries, I’ll do a RAD GAME ROUNDUP. I’ll be handing out trophies and hopefully raising awareness for games that deserve some love!

So let’s get started with my first pick of LD25…

—————————————–

STOP HIM NOW!
by TijmenTio
48 Hour Compo
STOP HIM NOW!

This is one of the first games I played and I honestly didn’t expect much from the screenshots. THEN IT STARTED. WHOA, MAN! It’s a reverse horizontal shmup where you control different birds in an attempt to stop the hero. Different birds have different skills, and there’s even a reverse boss battle! To put it simply… this game is rad as crap.

—————————————–

TWISTED NEIGHBORHOOD
Submitted by Klakwa
Jam Entry

TWISTED NEIGHBORHOOD

This one brought a smile to my face that grew and grew until finally I looked like some kind of demented serial killer as I hunched over the keyboard cackling uncontrollably. YOU PLAY AS A TORNADO!!!

—————————————–

RUDE BEAR
Submitted by Alex Rose
Jam Entry

RUDE BEAR

This game is hilarious and the art style is fantastic. The gameplay leaves a bit to be desired, but you gotta experience this thing. The characters are little cutout puppets on sticks and it has this sarcastic #YOLOSWAG atmosphere that just reeks of villainy. The soundtrack puts you in the mood to HUSTLE.

—————————————–

HAPPY LITTLE MURDER FRIENDS
by farmergnome
48 Hour Compo

This is probably my favorite game thus far. It is simply phenomenal. Think Retro City Rampage but with a much ‘smoother’ aesthetic. This is incredibly impressive for 48 hours. Hell, this is impressive for a week. It’s a total blast and there’s tons of randomness to keep it refreshing.

—————————————–

TYRANOFORCE
Code by Xewlupus
Art by Blob
Jam Entry

A GORGEOUS reverse shmup. Stunning art. It’s missing a few pieces to make it perfect, but DAMN it’s close. I think I’ll end up seeing a lot of reverse shmups by the end of this compo, but TYRANOFORCE is probably going to be at the top of that list.

—————————————–

So that’s it until next time! Keep playing and rating, and share your favorite games with the rest of us. With over 1,300 games to play… I’m sure we could all use a little help.
Shameless plug: Play my game here —> Cure 48

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Rad Game Roundup – Part 1”

1. wzl says:

Sorry for hijacking your comments here, seen your comment on my entry and didn’t knew how to contact you otherwise.
    Not loading? Is it only showing the title screen and did you try clicking it?
    Or is nothing showing up at all?

2. SonnyBone says:

Not showing up at all. Just a blank space. I’ll try on another browser and report back.

3. SonnyBone says:

Yeah just tried in 4 browsers and I just get a white box. :(

4. SonnyBone says:

Yeah I’ve been playing other Flash entries just fine. 0__0

5. Alex Rose says:

Thanks a lot for the kind comments man, I really appreciate it!

6. TijmenTio says:

Thanks a lot for this, I can’t tell you how happy I am seeing that my first entry got this much appreciation :)