That one bug!

Posted by (twitter: @Prelucid)
December 16th, 2012 7:13 am

042205

So I spent about 5-7 hours on one animation bug, which I still haven’t fixed. :O At one point during those hours I actually almost rendered the engine unfix-able and surprisingly worse off than it was before, haha. Those hours could’ve been spent working on the other mandatory necromancy mechanic, and actually creating the level, but now it looks like it’s not going to happen. The framework is fundamentally flawed for this type of game (and well for pretty much any type of game I suppose hahaha) and I’m starting to remember why I only spent a week on it 4 seasons ago.

So this is what I’m presenting for now.

Alpha versions of an unfinished product: Windows | Mac
The game runs too slow on Mac to be really playable. No idea why.

I’m going to get some sleep. When I awake, I will have about 5 hours to tweak around, but something tells me since I’m back to square 1 after the previous 5 hours, hahaha, so there won’t be much progress anyways. 😛 I’ve learned a lot in my first run with Ludum Dare!

Tags: , ,


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]