LevelUp v0.6 release

Posted by (twitter: @wzl_)
December 3rd, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello chaps,

I will apologize in advance for the frequent articles on version updates, but that’s good right? New versions mean new features. New features Β result in more power. More power let’s you win LudumDare.

Yes, I want you to use LevelUp in the next compo! And to make sure this tool gives you the most freedom possible and runs as stable as you’d expect, i need your feedback.

Let me know of any weird stuff, crashes, bugs, annoyances, missing features and everything that catches your attention!

Here’s today’s changelog:

• Interface overhaul
  • Restructuring
  • Skins
  • Collapsable project and tool panels
  • Variable tile size (at last)
  • Autoreload tileset when it’s been modified

And this is what it looks like after the interface overhaul:

You can check the homepage for more details or download it directly.

Next version will provide a couple more tools, so look forward to that πŸ˜€

Enjoy the tinkering

wzl

8 Responses to “LevelUp v0.6 release”

1. Cipher says:

The new gui is a really big improvement! Its fairly usable now and I might just use it in a project (if i finally stop being lazy and did something lol). Btw, why don’t you try posting at http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev to get some publicity? :)

• wzl says:

Thanks man, yeah just start on something dude πŸ˜› making games is awesome πŸ˜€

I didn’t post there yet because i wanted to get feedback from smaller and more accurate communities, like ld, tigsource to a degree, flashpunk and love forums. But it seems they are not that keen on it, as i didn’t get a lot of replies at all.

I will make a post on reddit after all i guess πŸ˜›

• Cipher says:

Hows the response so far?

• wzl says:

Not like i’d expect. Well ok, granted, people asking why they should use it instead of tiled is reasonable. But most of the remaining questions are why it is not crossplatform. Kinda opens my eyes i guess, although this is not the kind of feedback i was hoping for as it doesn’t help progressing on the tool.

• Cipher says:

The reason i like this is because i use java and slick2d to make games. slick2d only supports maps made using the old java based tiled. And only allows resources from one tileset. The old java version feels pretty cumbersome to use imo. This one is intuitive and i dunno, i just feel comfortable with it. So I hope you keep working on this cause i am one satisfied customer.

2. Quentin says:

If I enter, I’ll probably use this with FlashPunk. Thanks for the tool!