About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

  • ??? Begins: in 8 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes, 42 seconds
  • October Ends: in 9 days, 8 hours, 46 minutes, 42 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 44 days, 9 hours, 34 minutes, 42 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

    [ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]


    Posted by of Indie (twitter: @@MarvinHawkins)
    October 9th, 2012 6:40 pm

    Updates are sexy. I have one, but its just a prototype build of the game. It’s less Sexy than a giant crab monster. Some of the Art is starting to come in as well. I tried out a new technique. Working with my other programmer remotely, I created a list of to dos. I next wrote down our outstanding tasks, and broke them down into sections. I then broke that up a little further. For example Gui was broken down into ‘fix player lives script’ and ‘delete player life from game controller’ I know that this is very Granular, but its benefits are twofold. One, completing small tasks helps with momentum. Two, seeing tasks written out helps to limit procrastination. When I get distracted, I tend to procrastinate since the tasks start to pile up. Anyway, here’s what i got done with a 4 hour push: Lots more to go, but hope for some sexy screenshots soon.Shot out to my entire art team, they are awesome. It’s good to have art that’s not ugly placeholder art

    - Add Game Controller Object – Complete
    – Add GUI Lives game object – Complete
    – Add Shilloete of aircraft to represent lives – Complete
    – Move object on screen to top or out of the way (reposition gui lives) – Complete
    -Assign Score when enemy dies – Complete
    -Add ‘Player Lives’ Gui element – Complete
    – Create New Enemy prefab with mig object – Complete
    – Curved enemy path – Complete
    – Add buildings to background. – Complete
    – Add Textures to Mig Enemy – Complete (In Dropbox called: MigWithTextures)
    – Add Texture to building  – Complete (Prefab called: Building A)
    – ‘kill’ player when he collides with an enemy -complete
    – Title Screen Scene should lead to level 1
    – End of Level Trigger – Should handle changing levels, cleaning up scene – Complete
    -Fade out when level ends: Complete

    Leave a Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    All posts, images, and comments are owned by their creators.

    [cache: storing page]