Wow, time is flying and I still haven’t written my post mortem, here it is !
That was my third LD, and the first one that I feel I had enough time to finish my game.
What went right :
- I was happy to quickly find the gameplay idea for my game, which really saved me a lot of time looking for ideas
- The first day spent at my (soon past) company Motion-Twin, on which I could concentrate for 15 hours, really helped me move forward
- I was able to cut content in order to have enough time for polish, but also sounds and music, which was great
- The game had very nice reception and many press coverage, which was great and really unexpected
What went wrong :
- I could only spend 10 hours the second day on the game, since I had to babysit a bit my little two years old daugther
- Due to a lot of players accessing the game, DropBox killed my public links during the night, so I had to move hosting
- I wish I had time to add a final boss and many more ideas
Actually, given the success of the game – not sure yet about LD results, but many people seems to like it – I have decided to spend some time with my new company to make a more complete version of the game, with plans to release it for PC/iPad/iPhone in a few weeks. That will be a good training ground and team building, you can follow our progress on my Twitter @ncannasse or my company @shirogames !