Jump’o’lution PostMortem

Posted by
September 1st, 2012 6:48 am

So it seems to be the time to write my post mortem. We did the game as a team of 3 pepole. As always the workload at my job peaked in the weeks before LD. So i had no time to prepare my self and the tools.  We met at 9 in the morning, discussed our idears and started to setup our work environment and took a closer look at the engine we wanted to use ( melon js).  We had a rough idea what we wanted an so we started.


What went right (in short):

  • Teamwork!
  • Stability of the game we nearly never had broken builds
  • The idea
  • Tools

What went wrong (in short):

  • the preparation
  • the definition of our goals
  • the communication outside of the team



The teamwork on this was great. Everyone was supportive and helpful. It was really fun to do this project. We managed it to have mostly stable builds. That helped to test the sprites. It was the right choice to use git on this. A rather special challenge was to get Tiled running on one of the Computers. Had no admin login for that so we used a vnc remote connection. The preparation was a problem. We could have saved a couple of hours if we had testes our development environment.

During the making of the game we just had a rather rough idea we where following. Looking back i think we should have defined more goals for us. The game is hard to beat. That is a thing i like and a thing close to the theme. There could have been sooo much species bud they never made it. We picked that up on our “death sceen”. An other great thing would have been a second level, to show the evolution of the player.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]