First things first Play and Rate it here : http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-24/?action=preview&uid=8389
If you do THANK YOU 😀 All response is appreciated!
Almost a week has gone by since Ludum Dare and finally I’ve got some time to write a post moretm.
So let us jump straight in to it!
- What went right:
- Good teamwork. We spent the whole weekend together instead of collaboration via Skype. I think this was a big help for the motivation and the creativity. Who wants to let their team down?
- We knew our tools which made us work quickly and effectively. Even if this was our first game written in JAVA, before we have used Game Maker. (Except for git!)
- We created the core mechanism in the first day.
- Good collision detection this time! We are very happy and if we may say proud of it!
- We learnt a lot!
- We had lots of fun! 😀
What went wrong:
- Hard theme, we didn’t come up with an idea that matched the theme exactly!
- Learning how to use a version system (Git) is not the best thing during the compo! On the other hand we know it know!
- AI is hard!
- some fatal bugs!
- Somehow the menu for the game would work. The background for the menu was drawn in eclipse but when we exported it to a jar it didn’t work!?!? Althoug we used the same method as with all the other assets and that worked fine!
I (Dals) is working on a post-compo version that will remove most of the bugs and hopefully contain more levels 😀
If you want you can check out the timelaps of the development here!
Well I think that’s it for now. Already longing for the next Ludum Dare! Till then, keep jaming 😀