Ludum Dare 31
Theme:
Entire Game on One Screen

Judging ends in:
It’s time to Play and Rate Games!

PlayRate80Star

made a search engine

Posted by
August 30th, 2012 8:05 pm

hey guys, it mohammad, and its been tough a little.

ive done a little programming, but then i was experimenting with some gamemaker funtions, and made a search engine.

honestly, i would’ve just keeped this to my self after realizing 300 posts a day wasnt a good thing. espcially when a few comments and posts shown that i can be a little douchy, but now i just want to point out key things going on in my life. so i came out strong, and made this program for you guys, because if anyone will uderstand app and game deveopment, its you guys.

so i got my guts, and made this app for you guys.

i would’ve made a teaser trailer too, but when i did it for other things, i got posts declaring me as “annoying” so i cooled it off with the webcam. i just wanted to make a few laugh and a few smart a**ed comments. but now ill just put the game up for 1 or 3 to see, so i really dont care. i just want feedback, ok? thats why i make posts.

so…here it is. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2Hj8tfbtIyod3N5V0V3NUFvUTQ

oh ad btw, from now on ill be using google docs. its slower but WAY better than uploading.com.

transitions happen.

11 Responses to “made a search engine”

1. mohammad says:

comment removed for various reasons.

2. Doft says:

search_engine.exe? Really?

3. jacobalbano says:

What is this I don’t even

• jacobalbano says:

In all seriousness, though…this doesn’t belong on here whatsoever. Just because it’s made with Gamemaker doesn’t mean it’s a game.

What development did you actually do here anyway? Embed a Trident / Internet Explorer control into a gamemaker project and add a few dialogue boxes? We don’t want to see this.

• mohammad says:

comment removed for various reasons.

• mohammad says:

really, read my post carefully.
          then you’ll understand what im putting myself in.
          if you want a game, go onto kongrate or addicting games.
          this is for anyone who gives a s***.

• jacobalbano says:

You’re the one who doesn’t understand. This is the Ludum Dare blog. Do you know what Ludum Dare means? It’s Latin. “To give a game”. That’s what we post about here. GAMES. Sure, a game is a program, but not all programs are games. THIS IS NOT A GAME, and therefore does not belong here.

I’m not trying to hate on you. Honestly I’m not. I don’t know if you saw it, but I posted an encouraging comment when you were getting overwhelmed and thinking about quitting. But no matter how many times I and others have said it, you still don’t know what this website is for — or if you do know, you don’t care, and that’s even worse. The rest of us are posting about the games we’ve made for the compo/jam, and you’re rambling about your personal life and posting animated .gifs. Stop it. Nobody wants to see that.

The rest of us are all here to make games. We’re courteous to each other (at least most of us are). I suggest you learn to do the same.

• mohammad says:

i can make games.
              i have made games.
              i can make programs.
              i have made programs.
              i PROGRAM.

• jacobalbano says:

So post about those games! I don’t understand why this is so hard to understand. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not a huge troll, but I’m running out of patience.

DON’T clutter up the blog with your inane drivel
                DO make a post when you have a worthwhile game to share

DON’T expect us to appreciate your spelling incorrectly and using meme-speak
                DO be respectful to other people, no matter how much you might disagree with them

I can’t make it any more simple than that. I’m done here.

• mohammad says:

Ok, when I make a game, ill share it, thats why we have the MINI-LD’s and the compo’s and stuff.
                When I make an experimental application, like the one I said was in development recently, ill make a post about it. Not make it into the compo or jam or anything like that.
                This was a BLOG post. To BLOG about my status. So I BLOGGED about this program.
                Like I said, no need for hate.