About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 7 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes, 1 second
  • October Ends: in 8 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes, 1 second
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 43 days, 22 hours, 40 minutes, 1 second
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Just when you thought the surveys were over…

Posted by (twitter: @Gjarble)
    May 7th, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi there!

• Did you participate in Ludum Dare 23?
    • Do you want to help forward the cause of SCIENCE?
    • Are you at least 18 years old?

If so, you may be interested in taking my survey!

I am an MIT undergrad interested in studying game jams for a course on video game research. I’m studying Ludum Dare to see the relationship between how people go about making their games during the Compo or Jam to how well they did (and how well they believe they did). The survey’s not long at all; you should be able to complete it in less than 10 minutes.  Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Ahearn

6 Responses to “Just when you thought the surveys were over…”

1. KevinWorkman says:

I’ll be happy to participate if you’ll be doing something interesting (that we can check out) with the results!

2. namuol says:

Be sure to publish the results for us!

3. Gjarble says:

Oh, I definitely will. I would’ve specified that (and many other things) in the post, but by the time I thought of them, due to various approval procedures I had to go through, I was already locked into this post (and the survey design at that). The formal project I’m doing will probably only involve the self-evaluations of the participants (due to time restrictions), but then I want to post extra analysis exclusive to the Ludum Dare site comparing those to the actual results of the compo/jam.

4. onefineline says:

Hey man,

I started doing the survey, but questions 7 and 8 are phrased similarly enough that I’m not sure what the difference is.

Thanks!

5. onefineline says:

And while I’m at it, question 16 is also kind of unclear. Does anyone *not* target a specific platform? Did you mean targeting a specific platform, like in the situation of targeting one that might be difficult, for example?

6. Gjarble says:

@onefineline: #7 is about ALL game jams, #8 is just about the ones run by Ludum Dare. As for #16, you basically have it. I’m talking about situations where the target platform is not chosen because it is the easiest, but because the developer wants to learn that platform, because it’ll be a challenge, or any other reason.